Armour Project Leader - 35414
Armour Project Leader - 35414 - up to £25.40/hr - Special Vehicle Operations
The key role of the Armour Project Leader is to support the Armour Engineering Manager in ensuring that SVO Armouring Programmes are delivered in line with program timing, cost, and quality and to manage engineering issues and to achieve a robust engineering sign off.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Delivery of strategies including partnerships
- Technical gateway delivery (IDJ, FDJ, PEC, FEC)
- PSW Phase 1 at TT
- Release status at FDJ that meets programme target
- AIMS status at technical gateways that meets programme
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Lead the Engineering delivery on all SVO Armour projects on a specific Platform, liaising with the functional managers (Chassis, body, powertrain, electrical, interior), on programmes in the pre- phase through to job 1 + 90.
- Lead Engineering PDL responses, liaise/negotiate with core on ownership, develop tech feasibility (with APC), drive design feasibility (DPAT), co-ordinate project resources.
- Support core project DPAT, VIT, PST, VLBR as required to ensure SVO interests are covered and issues resolved.
- Liaise with core CoCs to ensure platform architecture and systems are specified, agreed and capable of delivering features for armoured products.
- Support SVO Engineering launch support and support NML as required.
- Drive/ Support Engineering team on delivery, timing, cost, AIMs, concerns, quality etc.
- Drive SVO innovation projects into delivery, on a specific platform.
- Drive SVO Engineering process improvement, and platform strategy.
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested.
3 Key Skills:
- Excellent communication skills: Ability to drive the team to deliver on-time, cost & Quality, ability to negotiate with other functions to achieve objectives and resolve issues is essential, then present technical challenges clearly.
- Good knowledge & experience of delivering Engineering Programmes (PCDS)
- High drive, self motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision.
- Good knowledge & experience of delivering Engineering Programmes (PCDS).
- Methodical detailed approach to work context.
- Customer first focused.
- Ability to negotiate with other functions to achieve objectives and resolve issues is essential.
- Ability to present complex data & issues to a varied audience.
- Negotiation and adaptability skills.
- The ability to manage complex technical issues is essential to balance the often conflicting needs of the business, within project timing constraints.
- Both verbal and written communication skills are important to report technical issues across all levels, and these should be combined with a confident attitude.
- Must have a record of proactive delivery and commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Be able to demonstrate high levels of leadership and people development skills.
- General knowledge of whole vehicle architecture and systems
To apply for this position please contact Rachel Meacham.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82493642