Graduate and Apprenticeship Manager
Vacancy title: Graduate and Apprenticeship Manager
Location: Warwick/Haywood Road
Reference number: V6581
This is a permanent full time position for a Graduate and Apprentice Manager.
Who We Are:
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
With current annual revenues of £399M, 2,200 employees and 50 operational locations across the UK and Ireland, we are a leading technology company which designs and delivers solutions and services for organisations to create, improve and maintain their ICT, mission critical communications networks and operational systems, vital in the effective operation of the nation's infrastructure.
You will co-ordinate and develop Graduate and Apprenticeship programmes across the business, ensuring we have a great pipeline of talent.
Providing dedicated expertise, you will:
- Support the management and co-ordination of existing programmes, working alongside managers to ensure we are providing a high quality experience for our trainees, developing the skills required by the business
- Continually seek to improve our graduate and apprenticeship programmes in line with best practice and through co-ordinating formal feedback mechanisms
- Support the identification of suitable placements for rotational programmes and manage a smooth transition process
- Support the wider HR team in developing plans to ensure we retain graduates and apprentices at the end of their programme
- Pro-actively identify opportunities to expand our early talent programmes and develop new programme structures
- Work with training and L&D managers to explore opportunities to up-skill existing staff via Apprenticeships
- Manage training provider selection and on-going contracts
- Monitor, report on and advise on the optimisation of our Apprenticeship levy usage
- Manage both the annual and ad hoc graduate and apprentice recruitment cycles - from the development of marketing materials and attending career fairs, through to running assessment centres and on-boarding processes
- Support the work of our trained STEM ambassadors, co-ordinating school and college out-reach activities
- Manage relationships with a number of strategic partners and customers (in relation to their early careers agendas) including highways England, TfL, IET etc.
- Explore, understand and provide guidance on alternative skills funding streams which may be beneficial to the business
- High quality early careers programmes with outstanding achievement rates and increasing retention rates
- Well executed recruitment activities, ensuring all graduate and apprenticeship vacancies are filled whilst maintaining a great candidate experience
- Increasing use of the telent's Apprenticeship levy pot
What we are looking for from you:
Business Operations Skills - Experience:
- Experience of successfully running/developing/implementing Graduate AND Apprenticeship programmes
- In-depth understanding of the Apprenticeship levy and associated funding rules
- Experience of training provider selection and management
- Experience of running Graduate and Apprentice recruitment processes, ideally in skills-shortage areas
- Evidence of relevant process implementation and/or improvement, securing stakeholder buy-in
- Psychometric testing qualification
- Experience of additional funding streams (e.g. adult skills budget, ex-forces bursaries)
- Experience of achieving programme accreditation with professional bodies (e.g. IET or other professional bodies
- Actively tries to find out how the service to customers can be improved
- Owning problems and taking responsibility for solving them
- Recognising diversity and responding to the needs of different customers
- Influencing each other in a positive and constructive manner
- Constantly searching for fresh approaches and improvements to the business
- Continues to work towards goals despite setbacks
- Delivers work in a professional manner on, or ahead of time
- Commits to the challenge of stretching targets
- Pursuing own development to increase effectiveness; acknowledging own strengths and weaknesses
- Taking initiatives and making creative suggestions to improve performance
- Looks beyond the immediate situation - has the foresight to identify the knock-on effects of a particular course of action
- Is aware of expenditure and seeks to minimise costs to the business and customer
Excellent Employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages.
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82663031