Role: Lead Buyer (M&E)
Salary: £40K-£45K plus a great Benefit Package
About the role:
I am recruiting for a globally leading company in the Industrial Services with a turn over yearly is over £1bn and the company is ever growing!
The client is on the lookout for an experienced and competent Lead Buyer who would ideally hold the relevant qualifications and experience required. With the role comes a great salary and a very enticing package.
* To ensure sustainable procurement success, in accordance with the strategy as defined by the Head of Procurement and the Procurement Director
* To work in a team alongside Procurement colleagues to support the implementation of process and initiatives in accordance with procurement and commodity group strategies and that through a category management approach we embed best practice into procurement
* To manage the procurement of products and services for the relevant regional business by negotiating with suppliers and concluding contracts for materials, goods, subcontractor services and other services to achieve cost and quality objectives
* To deliver regional framework and rebate/ bonus agreements in collaboration with Buyers, Lead Buyers and other procurement staff in the relevant business
* To observe and analyse developments of the relevant supply markets to identify opportunities and manage risks to the business
* To research and benchmark providers of goods and services to achieve continuous improvement in supply chain management
* To maintain existing supplier relationships and identify new procurement sources, ensuring due diligence is carried out for all new sources of supply
* To work with the Procurement Delivery team to manage and analyse procurement-related data in the ERP system (Causeway)
* To support the Head of Procurement and Lead Buyers by providing regular reporting on company expenditure by supplier and defined categories.
* To contribute to process optimisation to unlock potential for improved cost effectiveness
* To participate in procurement projects and initiatives in the relevant region/ business and across the company's operations in the UK
* To ensure compliance to category management guidelines by consulting Lead Buyers for the relevant commodity groups and operating within the value limits of the Procurement Directive
* Contributing to the conceptualisation, elaboration and implementation of the company's procurement strategy and policy, to achieve continuous improvement in supply chain management.
* Collaborate with key stakeholders in order to achieve optimal deals.
* Leading and managing procurement strategy, activities and vendor negotiations for the assigned product category.
* Analysing data, producing reports, recording and monitoring action/improvements plans to enhance results and implement monitoring and control systems.
* Work with the Head of Procurement to develop the procurement function, complying with best practice and Legislation.
* Perform and implement any reasonable duties/action as instructed by the Head of Procurement and Procurement Director.
If you fit all the above and are looking for your next exciting challenge with an incredibly well-established client apply now or call Jamie Worsdell on 0161 9261736 or email
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82562124