Master Data Administrator
At Exertis, we thrive in a company culture that is driven to deliver more for customers. Our employees are committed, proactive and motivated. This dynamic environment contributes to a thriving growth-focused culture throughout Exertis, providing many career opportunities that span sales, commercial and corporate activities
Dealing with over 100,000 different products from 250 of the world's best IT and Entertainment Vendors. Exertis go to market through an internal telesales and account management base selling to over 10,000 trading accounts. The control and business support of data has become a paramount issue for Exertis.
As part of this team, you will have responsibility for the governance of customer, material and vendor master data data creation and maintenance processes within SAP ensuring that our data is accurate and of high quality. Attention to detail, speed and accuracy are essential.
The Master Data Services team is a key integration point within the business and as such, you will be required to liaise with and build good working relationships with a wide range of functions both across the business, (sales, commercial, purchasing, finance, data) and with external partners such as data providers and vendors.
This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a performance focused team which drives business change and therefore requires a pro-active attitude and a willingness to work collaboratively on any future projects or system changes
- Management of data governance process in the SAP system and related platforms such as E-Commerce
- Ensuring that data is maintained to a high standard of accuracy and within defined SLA's
- Identification and investigation of issues relayed to systems master data - taking corrective action where appropriate
- Checking, updating and maintaining internal system information throughout the product lifecycle
- Involvement in SAP project based activity such as data collection, cleansing, migration and testing where appropriate
- Attend commercial review meetings (external data providers, vendors) as required
- Building strong relationships with stakeholders both internally and externally to ensure that communications and relations are effective
- Supporting peak business periods and escalation requests
- Identification and execution of ongoing process improvement opportunities
- Ensuring process documentation is kept up to date
- Ongoing training of colleagues where required
Person Specification (skills, knowledge and experience required)
- Previous administrative experience in a data maintenance, customer service or operations role
- Strong knowledge of IT Distribution business concepts in order to understand, support and respond to demands from other parts of the busines
- Excellent internal and external communication skills
- Highly PC literate with MS Office- particularly Excel & used to dealing with complex data manipulation
- Organised self-starter with ability to plan & prioritise one's own workload
- Ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Take ownership for issues and tackle them proactively with colleagues
- Ability to review business processes in order to initiate plans for future improvements
- Self-motivated, consistent, reliable and resilient in attitude
- Willingness to travel occasionally to all Exertis locations to facilitate learning and development
- An interest in problem solving and overcoming challenges
- SAP experience is desirable
- Demonstrate a strong awareness of and commitment to Ethics and Compliance and the DCC Group Code of Conduct.