Electrical/Controls Manager (Capital Equipment & Aftermarket)
Davis Standard Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Davis Standard LLC, the global leader in the design and manufacture of high performance plastic and rubber extrusion lines. Their mission is to supply technologically advanced extrusion solutions to the global polymer and rubber processing industries, providing exceptional value to customers. The company has an industry profile that is extensive and includes packaging, construction, healthcare, agricultural, automotive, electronics and energy sectors. They also offer a full range of extrusion aftermarket services and rebuild / recondition older machines for resell.
The UK business unit is a 'tight knit’ operation that is growing and profitable. There is an excellent team ethic and the company already has strong sales confirmed for 2018. In order to support the growth of the business and establish new areas of expertise within their customer base, the company is looking for a technical expert in controls and electrical engineering, which will complement their already strong base of experience in mechanical engineering.
- Become the company’s technical expert for all electrical and control issues
- Involved in leading and supporting projects with customers
- Work closely with customers troubleshooting existing issues
- Specifying PLCs, software and related technology for out-of-date equipment
- Oversee transition from analogue to digital technology
- Develop a new package of control solutions for extrusion machines
- Identifies, facilitates and resolves electrical and controls issues within Company.
- Undertakes Modifications to Standard Control Panels to suit customers and Upgrade/Modifies Electricals on Rebuilds
- Where required provides simple PLC based solutions on Control Upgrades/Rebuilds
- Supports the Production/Testing and Commissioning process to ensure timely completion of Customer Contracts, also assisting Global Service Group as required.
- Supports the Sales process within Davis-Standard Limited to ensure the company achieves maximum order potential in Aftermarket sales.
- Undertakes when necessary Sales calls, Service Calls and Commissioning Visits relative to the job disciplines.
- Liaises with our Corporate Offices on Controls Strategies and Standards for the Group.
- Provides consultative technical advice and assists in the solution of equipment and processing problems for customers and prospective customers.
- Conducts vendor/contractor/customer management relevant to site installations and project start-ups in conjunction with the Technical Manager.
- Generates, maintains and modifies where required relevant Electrical CAD drawings appropriate to ongoing contracts and prospective orders.
- Reviews customer order requirements relevant to the job holder’s discipline, securing all engineering data necessary to fulfill the order in the most economic manner.
- Investigates service problems and arranges prompt service when required; promotes paid service and start-ups.
- Keeps up to-date with current safety standard, working practice and technological advancements that are applicable to the business sector.
- Strong experience of Control Systems, electrical engineering & electrical wiring
- Worked in a manufacturing environment; extrusion not essential
- Adaptable, practical and hands-on
- Proven record of problem solving technical issues
- Good communicator, confident in front of customers
- Prepared to travel
There is an excellent opportunity for future career growth through this role. The group has a strategic vision to develop its systems, control and electrical offering to a higher standard. The person would be driving the opportunities associated with this and the expectation is that it will develop into its own business.
Ideally the candidate would have experience of some if not all of the following disciplines:
- Ladder Logic
- IEC 61131
- Configuration of HMI’s
- Scada Software (WinCC, Wonderware, Proface, Red Lion)
- Networking IP/Ethernet IP
Typical PLC Controls (Siemens , Allen Bradley, Proface)