Technical Sales Advisor
Our client is a family owned and well established engineering business based in Newcastle under Lyme.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a dynamic, ambitious and enthusiastic individual to join its Sales team. Working within an existing and highly motivated sales team your duties will include the following:
- Working with the public and private sectors, our client base includes local authorities, Education sector, architects and contractors;
- Providing technical and sales advice to customers by telephone and written communication;
- Constructing written quotations utilising the in-house CRM system as required;
- Ensuring customer receipt of quotation (pre- and post-quote);
- Recognising sales opportunities and closing of sales;
- Checking all quotations to ensure 100% accuracy;
- In conjunction with the in-house system contact clients to up-date and close orders, including up-dating notes and progress of on-going projects where applicable.
The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate experience in a similar role selling products, ideally working closely with local authorities, the education sector and contractors.
Interested candidates should ideally possess the following skills and experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Strong organisation and time management skills to ensure that time is managed effectively;
- Sales negotiation skills;
- Excellent keyboard skills with experience of in-house database systems and MS Office;
- Ability to work to a high level of accuracy with minimal supervision;
- Positive, can do attitude.
Desirable but not essential skills:
Experience of the tender