Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Care Assistants to provide excellent care to our service users in Kidderminster, Stourport-on-Severn, Stourbridge and surrounding areas.
At Newcross, we're flexible. You can choose to work full or part time hours, to fit around your schedule. We don't believe in 'zero hours.' Our staff have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, providing security of a steady income alongside the flexibility to manage their work-life balance.
Further still, we've launched a unique flexible pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', which allows healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our innovative app HealthForceGo®
What can you expect from your Caring Role?
Your responsibilities will include; personal care, helping with social activities, aiding with clinical needs and assisting with any other additional services that will enable our service users to live their daily lives as independently as possible.
The ideal candidate would have prior experience caring for clients with Dementia/Alzheimers.
Skills & Opportunities
The successful candidate will have the chance to improve their skill set with a range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work. These include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
With Newcross you could also have the opportunity to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
What will you benefit from?
- Salary of up to £12.98/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay- you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
What do you need for this role?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Your Local Team
You'll find your local branch team at 9-10 The Tything in Worcester city centre. Just up the road from Worcester Foregate Street train station, and along the A38, we are easily accessible via most modes of transport, and welcome you dropping in to say hi.
Apply today and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83176679