CAD Design Engineer - 6m FTC
Ferco Seating design and manufacture seating for the education, cinema and sports sectors. Our clients include Arsenal FC, ODEON cinemas and Manchester University.
We are seeking an experienced CAD design engineer to cover maternity leave.
- Interpret and produce accurate production ready manufacturing drawings and site layout plans.
- Excellent communication and customer service is essential as are organisational and planning skills.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Attend Site surveys.
- Estimate Bill of Materials and procurement activities
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and MD/ Sales Director
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Ensure that drawings are prepared, stored, issued and archived in accordance with company procedures.
- Liaison with main contractors, architects, clients and suppliers.
- Procurement and costing responsibility.
- Experienced user of Autocad & Autodesk Inventor
- An active and considered approach to problem solving
- An interest in product design would be advantageous
- A strong education background
- Familiarity/able to interpret manufacturing drawings
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to build effective working relationships at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines with minimal errors
- Proven team player who is willing to contribute effectively
- A construction / manufacturing background would be advantageous