SAFETY, HEALTH, ENVIRONMENT AND QUALITY MANAGER
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR: SAFETY, HEALTH, ENVIRONMENT AND QUALITY MANAGER
JOB TITLE: SAFETY, HEALTH, ENVIRONMENT AND QUALITY MANAGER (SHEQ)
SALARY: COMPETITIVE Dependent on experience
HOURS: FULL TIME
THE COMPANY: Our client was established over 50 years ago and have gained valuable experience and expertise in a wide range of activities from building cladding and motorway bridge fascias to vehicle cabs, chemical plant and process vessels for the food industry, fume extraction canopies, ducting, fume stacks and air conditioning plenum chambers besides sewage treatment and pollution control products.
The company has now consolidated its activities to concentrate on pollution control, surface water drainage and attenuation systems, primary sewage treatment, rainwater harvesting and utilisation systems, monitoring and controlling outfalls within discharge permits.
THE ROLE: This is an excellent opportunity for a Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental Manager to join a well-established and innovative manufacturing company.
Reporting to General Manager, the Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental Manager will benefit from a varied and challenging role and the opportunity to work in both a hands on and systems based position, with the opportunity to make a real difference to the health and safety on site.
Are you/Do you have:
- Experience in maintaining BS ISO 9001 and BS ISO 14001
- Experience in management of Health and Safety within a factory environment
- Experience in working with dust, fumes and fire hazards would be an advantage
- Good communication skills
- Good IT skills
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Keeping up to date with legal and legislative requirements in relation to Health, Safety and the Environment and introducing procedures as necessary to ensure continued compliance
- Monitoring all areas of the business to ensure they adhere to company Health and Safety procedures
- Prepare and maintain all Health and Safety documentation
- Prepare and present Health and Safety updates to employees
- Chair regular Health and Safety meetings with safety representatives and senior management
- Following & establishing compliant procedures in keeping with current legal requirements
- Prepare and maintain training documentation and staff records
- Investigate all accidents, incidents and near misses including liaising with clients and/or external authorities as necessary
- Maintain the BS ISO 9001 accreditation to include internal audits and liaise with external auditing bodies as necessary
- Implement and maintain BS ISO 14001 accreditation to include internal audits and liaise with external bodies auditing bodies as necessary
- Promoting a culture of continuous improvement in all matters related to Health, Safety, Quality and the Environment
In return we can offer you:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Company pension scheme
- Career progression
- Training and development
- 22 days holiday and Bank Holidays to increase after 5 years of service
Does this sound like you? To apply for the role please hit the "apply now" button and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.