Your new company
We are recruiting for a niche precision manufacturing company based in Redditch. This is a privately owned company with really nice offices that have free parking free parking and are accessible by bus. This is a newly created position and they are looking to get someone into the team that wants to become a part of this business, learn and grow with it as it progresses.
Your new role
This is a very hands on role that has a lot of variety to it, you will report into the Finance Director and oversee a small transactional team. The duties are as follows:
- Oversee the day to day running the accounts department
- Prepare monthly management accounts to final draft within agreed timescales
- Oversee purchase ledger
- Assist and oversee sales ledger
- Manage invoice discounting function and reconciliation
- Despatch log reconciliation and control of missing order log
- Nominal ledger - monthly journals
- Monthly prepayments and accruals
- Bank and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Capturing shopfloor data and analysis per department
- Automation and integration of monthly manufacturing data
- Statistical Reporting
- VAT, EC Sales, Intrastat
- Stock management
- Absence and Attendance reporting and analysis
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a Part-Qualified or Qualified by Experience Accountant who is able to work in a hands on and varied role. You will need to be very IT literate with excellent knowledge of excel. You will take day to day responsibility for a small team and work closely with the Finance Director. Prior knowledge of a manufacturing business would be very beneficial to understanding how the business works.
What you'll get in return
You will get the chance to join a fantastic organisation that has excellent staff retention due to the great culture there. You will be paid very generously compared to similar roles in the area with the salary on offer between £30,000 and £35,000 depending on experience. Alongside this you will get 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays which is also higher than usual. On top of this you will have the opportunity to create a long term career with this business with the potential to take over from the FD in the long run.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83301518