Catering Assistant Full and Part Time
Are you passionate about food?
Shaw healthcare are currently recruiting for a Catering Assistant to deliver a quality of catering assistance to support our service users in line with our care principles of 'wellness, happiness, and kindness' from our Kitchen. You will work under the direction of the Cook to work together as a Catering Team to ensure that the physical, social, psychological and emotional needs of our service users are met.Main responsibilities
What will I be doing?
- All aspects of supporting the cook with serving food and drink to service users and others as directed by the Cook;
- Ensuring the cleanliness of food preparation areas and its equipment whilst adhering to all legislative requirements in respect of Health & Safety;
- Provide sufficient supplies of clean crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils for each meal service;
- Use all cleaning materials as directed, paying particular attention to COSHH regulated products;
- The ability to effectively communicate with care staff, service users and visitors; Ensuring that HSSCP documentation is completed daily
As the role involves working with vulnerable people your employment will be subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including referencing and Disclosure and Barring Service check.
What kind of a person do I need to be?
It is essential you are reliable, responsible, possess excellent English language skills, have good communication skills, enjoy catering, have good customer service, sales and telephone skills, be flexible, friendly and hardworking.
We do not ask for previous experience, although experience in a similar catering role would be an advantage. With regular work patterns, and of course we do operate 7 days a week, 365 days a year so you will need to be flexible with you hours of work, as well as your attitude and approach.
The role will include working alternative weekends.About the company
What we offer
Shaw healthcare offer comprehensive training via our Learning & Development Department.
What benefits will I receive?
haw healthcare have an excellent employee benefit programme, which includes:
- Excellent rates of pay
- Paid annual leave 28 days per year
- Corporate 2 day induction and mandatory training e.g. moving and handling
- Nest pension scheme
- Free Uniform
- Discounted Meals while on Shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000)
- Child care vouchers
- Biannual incentive scheme
- Excellent development and promotion opportunities
- Employee assistance program to all contracted staff including face to face counselling.