Group Commodity Buyer
Buyer / Materials Buyer / Group Commodity Buyer
Buyer / Materials Buyer / Group Commodity Buyer - Birmingham - £35-40k+ Excellent Benefits!
Are you looking to join a global automotive brand who supply the latest and most advanced OEM technology into companies such as JLR?
We have an exciting new role for a Buyer / Materials Buyer / Group Commodity Buyer to join a World Class leading Tier 1 Automotive Manufacturing Company who specialise in Aluminium Welding, Presswork and Welded Assembly.
Salary: Circa £35,000-40,000 + Benefits and Bonus and Health Care and Pension
You will be reporting to the Commodity Manager and under general supervision, manage all aspects of supply and demand within your designated commodities. Alert all stakeholders to any issues regarding supply and ensure continuous communication and action plan in place to rectify the situation
For the right candidate there is a promising career opportunity here, ideally you will have Automotive industry procurement experience, and CIPS membership would be desirable.
As a Group Commodity Buyer you will be leading the strategic sourcing processes for assigned commodities and should have demonstrable experience in sourcing preferably OP (Outside processes of paint, plating), tubes and raw material procurement would be desirable.
You will also have experience within Supply Management, Procurement and Strategic sourcing, coupled with strong analytical skills and be familiar working with KPI's.
You will work closely with highly experienced professional purchasing professionals, so you can expect a steep learning curve and ongoing support and career development.
Role - You will
- Assist procurement with day to day purchasing activity
- Work closely with Suppliers
- Source Direct and in Direct goods
- Adopt and work with the QCD principles (Quality, Cost and Delivery)
- Develop and implement the group purchasing strategy for OP (outside process- plating, painting), Tube, Raw material support
- Deliver KPI's, tracking commodity savings
- Negotiate price, delivery, terms and contracts with suppliers, in line with the departmental objectives, business plan, procedures and company direction
- Monitor global market and any pertinent data to the commodity, that can effect price and supply
- Responsible for purchasing budget allocated to the commodity
- Recognise and commend cost reduction opportunities
- Where required arrange meetings or visits to suppliers and provide details by way of a visit report, of any agreements and opportunities identified on such a visit
- Participate in make versus buy projects
- Support Finance with any cost queries on supplier invoices
- Ensuring engineering changes are addressed with suppliers when required
- Manage NPI sourcing and supply from start of project to mass production
- Identify supplier risk and develop robust risk mitigation strategies where necessary
- Responsible for supplier performance based upon QCD measures
- Evaluate and appraise new and current suppliers
- Ensure PPAP's are delivered in time
- Agree, maintain standards and KPI's with suppliers in line with stakeholders, with agreed monitors and escalation routes
- Constantly strive for process improvement opportunities internally, as well as at the supplier base
- Understand and support the STA team in achieving full quality approval.
If you feel your experience suits any of our automotive jobs, manufacturing jobs or quality jobs please get in touch to discuss your next career move!
Commutable form Solihull, Tamworth, Nuneaton, Coventry, Redditch, Wolverhampton,
Salary £35,000-£40,000 negotiable depending on experience + generous package
WR Support Services are the #1 recruitment partner for supply chain, procurement and marketing staff, recruiting UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.