Continuous Improvement Manager (Food Manufacturing)
We're Recruiting! Experienced Lean Practitioner to drive Continuous Improvement with a market leading brand.
We are recruiting at our Market Drayton site for a Continuous Improvement Manager. We are looking for an experienced individual to lead the Continuous Improvement function. The successful candidate will ensure that the long and short term Operational performance is achieved, ensuring operational excellence. Reporting to the Plant Manager you will operate as part of the Senior Management team and will be responsible for delivering CI strategic goals.We require an experienced individual to drive our CI agenda forward within a fast paced, large scale food manufacturing business.
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
* Promote world class manufacturing.
* Lead the implementation of the world class manufacturing strategy delivering initiatives such as 5S, Kan Ban and other lean tools.
* To lead the operations development programme to ensure appropriate skills and competence develop plans are implemented for the operations team.
* To measure and manage compliance to the World Class Manufacturing model.
* To implement key improvement tools and techniques to deliver site balanced scored card targets.
* To identify opportunities to reduce losses and improve performance of balanced KPI's.
* To support development of the World Class Manufacturing model within local site.
* To benchmark performance against similar internal and external processes to identify improvement opportunities.
* To develop, coach and mentor CI Leaders and CI Team.
* To monitor performance trends in cost, service, quality and safety to identify gaps and best practices. Taking corrective action to continually improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
Key skills & experience
* Must have experience in Continuous Improvement techniques.
* It is essential to have experience of working within a high volume food production environment.
* Experience as a Manufacturing Leader / Shift Supervisor and leading a team / coaching techniques /inspiring a team.
* Good problem solving skills.
* Processing / Filling theory.
* Technical Processing Plant / Machine knowledge.
* Knowledge of quality standards and effect of incident on quality.
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
* Health and Safety, Food Hygiene and Environment Awareness knowledge.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Driving for results (focus on outcome and business awareness and customer focus.
* Putting initiative into action (planning and organising and problem solving and decision making).
* Educated to degree standard-essential.
* Relevant food manufacturing qualification-essential.
* Relevant CI qualification-essential.
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role please apply at www.mullercareers.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83344665