Site Operations Manager
This is a great opportunity to join a market leading international business who are looking at a possible succession plan in order to attract a high potential Operations Manager/Head of Operations who wants to become a Plant Manager / Site Leader within the medium to long term. You will be required to deliver a continuous improvement strategy focusing on efficiency, costs, quality, wastage and also energy usage. With direct responsibility for the Manufacturing operation, you will co-ordinate the full site operations team with direct management responsibility of the Production Managers / Shift Managers and their respective Shift team leaders.
Key Responsibilities of the Operations Manager:
- As part of the site Senior Management Team, you will contribute to the identification and delivery of site strategic goals including the overall management of the Manufacturing department.
- Improve productivity and equipment efficiency's by engaging with the production and engineering team
- Maintain and improve Health & Safety performance across the department
- Develop and implement comprehensive training and development plans for the staff
- Ensure effective recruitment, induction and performance management within the production department
- To work closely with the environmental / utilities department to minimise and ensure effective processing of waste streams
- Ensure excellent customer service and support business development
What are we looking for in a Site Operations Manager?
We are looking for an Operations Manager to really take ownership of the team and drive the site to full capacity making best use of the considerable investment in new equipment and upgrades. You will adopt a best in class approach to manufacturing and delivery and have worked in technical and automated food manufacturing environments previously, whilst managing and developing teams.
- Ideally a degree within a manufacturing or engineering discipline or extensive experience within an automated and fast processed environment
- Experience in preparation and controls of budgets
- Excellent people and management skills
- IOSHH Health and Safety trained, NEBOSH would be preferable
- Ability to engage, coach and motivate a large production team to deliver results