Field Sales Representative
Field Sales Representative
£25,000 - £30,000
To proactively investigate, develop and increase new and existing Lifting Gear accounts with regular structured/planned visits and entertaining as appropriate. Driving the business forward to assist in the delivery of key objectives and targets as detailed in the Lifting Gear Business Plan, which also extends to the branch network.
- Identify and investigate business development opportunities for new accounts / markets.
- Develop relationships with new and existing LG account contacts by visiting.
- Produce customer visit reports in good time.
- Assist GM in delivering key objectives of Business Plan.
- Forecasting customer spend to assist in formulating Business Plan.
- Gathering and sharing of customer and market information.
- Gathering and sharing of competitor activity and pricing.
- Support of branch network regarding business opportunities.
- Liaise with internal sales team regarding planned sales visits and follow up quotations.
- Promote complete Lifting Gear offering including Hire, Sales, Service and Engineering.
- Keep senior management informed of any relevant information including but not limited to large / interesting enquiries / orders and customer issues.
- Ensure that a 'customer first' approach is adopted to achieve consistent first-rate customer service.
- Achieve Planned Sales and Profit against the agreed business plan.
- Supply information to include in monthly report:-
- New and existing account information
- Market Information
- Competitor Activity
- Assist Finance in ensuring that customers are paying within terms (i.e. no significant overdue debt).
- Provide information and input during price list review.
- Ensure that company margin requirements are understood and applied responsibly.
- Deviation from set pricing / discount structure to be referred to GM or Directors for approval.
- Working within the company strategic parameters, commercial policy and health and safety guidelines.
- Attend Commercial Review and Lifting Gear meetings as required.
- Provide ideas and information for marketing opportunities.
- Proactive distribution of the Sales & Hire Guides with details logged for follow up.
- Represent the company at trade exhibitions and events.
- A sound industry track record in lifting gear: sales, hire and service
- In depth lifting gear industry based technical and application knowledge.
- Demonstrating the ability to develop a vision and successfully formulate and implement a plan
- Strong interpersonal and excellent man management skills to form a cohesive team
- Excellent time-management skills whilst demonstrating a flexible approach and a 'can do' attitude
- Sound commercial skills to achieve superior performance and profitability
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Flexibility that includes the potential to assist other departments and locations within the company
- Ability to form constructive relationships with colleagues across the group and to interact with Corporate functions such as Finance, Marketing and QA / H&S.
- UK driving licence and flexible to undertake travel to suppliers, customers and other parties
- Lifting Gear Industry: Hire or Sales (preferably both) and Service
- Customer account management.
- Staff management
- Strong character that is able to command respect within the
- company and with suppliers and customers
- Self motivated and able to work under own initiative
- Experience and maturity that will ensure commercial success
Internal: All levels of staff including other division and those in corporate roles
External: Customers (existing and potential), suppliers, professional advisors etc
To apply via email click apply or call 01902 319333
Apply for Field Sales Representative
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly