Multi Skilled Operative - Recycling
VACANCY NOTICE – MULTI SKILLED OPERATIVE – Birmingham Depot (Willenhall, WV132JZ)
A position has arisen for a Multi Skilled Operative at our Birmingham depot. Working within a busy environment, the role will be part of the Operations Team at the depot.
Reporting to the Production Team Leader, the main responsibilities will include:
- Sort Various grades of waste
- Daily maintenance checks, Plant and Equipment
- Operate various processing machinery eg Baling Presses, Hoggers, saws and Guillotines.
- Operate various types of mobile plant eg Counter Balance Forklift, Forklift, Skidsteer, telescopic handlers
- To ensure the baler and baler area are kept clean and tidy and general site housekeeping
- To manually handle sacks, reels and boxes etc of recoverable paper
- To store bales according to grade in a safe and secure manner
- Complete relevant paperwork
- Quality Assessment (In and Out) – Taking Photographs
- General housekeeping duties
- Health and Safety
- Follow Company policies and procedures, including safety observation reporting
- To co-operate with the depot Health & Safety Committee in revising/updating all Health & Safety documents and Safe Systems of Work.
- Safe Systems of Work
- Follow and abide by safe systems of work for each and every job task and complete relevant paperwork.
- Assisting in reviewing/creating Safe Systems of Work.
The Role will be required to work an average 48 hours per week, Monday to Friday one week 06:00 -15:00 and 06:00 -12:00 and Monday to Friday week 2 12:30 – 22:00.
A competitive salary is to be offered for the role.
Ideally the successful candidate will have previous experience as a Production Operative. FLT experience is essential however internal familiarisation training will be provided.
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for this role, please forward a CV and Covering Letter to:
Chris Lawrence, DS Smith Recycling Birmingham Depot, Rose Hill Industrial Estate, Willenhall, WV13 2JZ
Closing date for applications is Friday 26th October 2018