Cloud Operations Director
Do you have proven leadership skills and a passion for delivering cloud based solutions? Do you thrive off of providing customers with excellent service whilst motivating and inspiring your team? Are you keen to work with a company that is rapidly expanding and be a crucial part of their change?
If so, we have the perfect role for you!
The Operations Director will report to the Chief Information Officer and will be accountable for all Cloud related operations within the broader Information Systems business. This will include all activities associated with the customer lifecycle for Allocate's Cloud customers. The successful incumbent will be responsible for delivery both the services and infrastructure to a best-in-class standard.
Principal Job Elements & Responsibilities
The Operations Director role will comprise of a number of responsibilities including:
- Operational team management to ensure services requests, issue resolutions and deployments are delivered in a timely and effective manner
- Appropriate processes are designed, implemented and embedded with well-defined procedures and documentation and relevant review mechanisms
- Continually challenge and raise standards though the delivery of effective and scalable business focussed solutions
- Team is well motivated and clearly understands corporate goals and what this means on an individual basis
- Work closely alongside existing and new team members to mentor and offer professional support, sharing knowledge and experience
- Champion excellence in customer experience for both internal and external customers
- Work closely with application development, Support and Services teams to develop an effective and scalable framework for the delivery of all Allocate Software products
- Design/review, build and manage application infrastructures
- Maintain continuity of services
- Manage third party suppliers and ensure service levels and standards are met and sustained
- Provide project management support to infrastructure projects
- Proactive monitoring and analysis of application performance and evolution of metrics and toolset
- Application capacity planning
- Service Risk Management
- Escalation management and response
- Team Leading - Able to lead, manage the performance of and motivate a team effectively.
- Develop the Team to be a strong, cohesive and high performing unit
- Identify and grow future talent in line with the Allocate succession planning and talent review processes
- Leading Change - Positive about change, adapting rapidly to changing circumstances and encouraging flexibility in others. Identifies and implements improvements to service delivery, engaging people in the change process and encouraging them to contribute ideas.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Gathers, verifies and assesses all appropriate and available information to gain an accurate understanding of situations. Considers a range of possible options, evaluating evidence and seeking advice where appropriate. Makes clear, timely, justifiable decisions, reviewing these as necessary.
- Communication - Effective communication skills suitable for the management of and liaison with colleagues within the team and senior management, both on a one to one and one to many bases. Demonstrate effective communication, both orally and in writing, with colleagues and customers.
- Commercial and Business Awareness - Able to balance the financial, quality, people and customer expectation related risks typical within healthcare IT and associated with Allocate solutions in particular.
- Planning and Organising - Effective at determining a course of action by breaking it down into smaller steps and by planning and resourcing each of these, making allowance for potential problems.
- Building Relationships - Able to develop effective relationships with Allocate colleagues and customers. Able to respond appropriately to feedback.
- Influencing skills - Ability to influence both within the Operations team and the wider Allocate team
- Influencing and Impact - Act in a professional manner and exhibit the required behaviour that should act as an example to other employees. Needs to delegate tasks, responsibilities and authorities effectively. Effective at identifying goals and objectives and motivating and leading others towards their achievement. Able to network throughout the wider Allocate business and the user community.
- Innovation, Flexibility and Adaptability - Undertake tasks with a positive attitude and respond well to management and customer requests. Must be prepared to meet business goals and respond well to change.
- Industry Trends & Developments - Must take initiative to ensure technical skills and specialisations are kept up to date in line with industry developments and ensure that all relevant skill sets are current.
Key Performance Measures
- Cost Management
- Customer Experience
- Employee Engagement
- Service Availability
- Experience in SaaS and enterprise scale application service management
- Project management/delivery experience
- Team management and leadership experience
- Outsourced infrastructure services and vendor management
- Knowledge of Virtualisation Technologies (VMWare, Microsoft Hyper-V)
- A technical appreciation and competence across Networking, Security, Microsoft Technologies and Hosting.
- Specific Technologies: Windows Server, SQL Server
- Positive, enthusiastic outlook
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent project management and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills: able to recruit, motivate and lead a team, as well as communicate effectively with non-technical people
If you can relate to the above skills and experience and are interested in working with a truly world class organisation, get in touch with your CV!
Randstad Business Support is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83580998