Network Engineer required in the Cannock area
Your new company
You will be working for a very large organisation. Whatever you're looking for in your next career move, there are all kinds of reasons to join this company. It's a huge operation, involving the talents of over 174,000 employees across a wide range of roles. But no matter what they do, they're all united by a shared passion and ambition - to provide smart environmental solutions that make a real and lasting difference. Join them and you'll play an important part in achieving their vision.
Your new role
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced communications analyst to move in to a Senior Analyst role supporting business as usual operations and development of this company. Network systems including WAN, LAN, wireless LAN, IPT Services, Data Centre and Cloud networking as well as firewalls and web hosting technologies. In addition to business as usual operations, the senior analyst will play a key role in project improvement works, reporting and business cases for upgrades and new technology expansion and implementation. This role requires someone able to challenge conventions and push things forward with a large complex business. Day to day your role will encompass:
- To ensure the Comms team support the successful delivery of business projects
- To proactively manage their network systems ensuring the security and integrity of data held within and that capacity is appropriate for the needs of the business.
- Through a process of continuous monitoring and measuring to identify areas of strength and opportunities for development and report recommendations for improvement to the Infrastructure Principle.
- To define, monitor, measure and report quantitative and qualitative metrics for the objective assessment of service standards and seek opportunities for their improvement
- To assist in the development of departmental processes, maintaining and improving on the ISO/IEC 20000 and ITIL levels of quality already achieved.
- To develop and implement measures for the proactive and reactive monitoring of services and to troubleshoot areas of poor performance and identify effective solutions for their remediation
- To plan, test and maintain the IT service continuity plans and ensure their continued alignment with business continuity plans (In association with relevant colleagues)
- To actively contribute to the activities of Problem, Change and Release management and ensure said services have access to relevant material management information
What you'll need to succeed
Job Type : Standard Qualifications : To be successful in this role you will need to have the following:
- Essential Qualifications for this role are ITIL foundation as well as CCNP.
- Experience of managing and delivering services using the latest industry technologies, such as High bandwidth data centre switching, MPLS networks, SDWAN, Secure Wireless networks, Load balancing and Firewalls.
- Project and/or Programme Management experience, especially in projects related to the transformation of Communications services and network technologies
- Practical experience of implementing and employing the principles of the ITIL Service Management framework and its complementary quality standard ISO/IEC 20000.
- First-hand experience of working in a SOX compliant and ISO/IEC 20000 accredited organisation or function.
- Working under pressure, being able to deal with several problems simultaneously, and maintaining a focus on team performance and targets. Deputising for Technical Communications Manager when required.
- Three years 3rd line IT networking support and knowledge of Cisco routers, Cisco switches, Checkpoint / FortiNet Firewall, F5 load balancing, WiFi, IPT and cloud based networking, the technical team expert and go to senior support
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now', or send me a direct email with your most up to date CV Alternatively, feel free to call me on .