Job: Maintenance Fitter
Industry: Heavy Engineering, Iron, Steel
Location: West Mids, Langley
An opportunity has arisen for a full time Maintenance Fitter to work a rotation of day & night shifts, reporting to the Maintenance Manager.
- Previous rolling mill experience preferred but not essential.
- The successful candidates should hold a recognised apprenticeship to city & guilds level or be qualified to HNC or equivalent with experience in a heavy engineering environment.
- The candidates will need to have working knowledge and hands on experience of some or all of the following; motors, gearboxes, mechanical systems, welding, conveyors, cranes, pneumatics, hydraulics, furnaces and gas burners.
- Experience within electrical maintenance and PLC’s would be advantageous but not essential.
- Shift patterns to include rotating between 10-hour days and 8-hour nights.
- Night shift; 10pm until 6am. (8hr night)
- Night shift Sunday to Thursday.
- Day shift; 6am until 4pm (or until finish) (10hr day)
- Day shift Monday to Friday.
- Hours will flex with production.
- Weekend work will also be required as necessary.
- Permanent night shifts would be preferred.
- Experience working in high pressure production environment will be an advantage.
- This is a staff position with a fixed salary which will be based upon experience.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- FLT, Elevated platforms and a crane license would be expected.
If this Mechanical Design Engineer position is of interest to you and you have the necessary skills, then please apply with an up to date CV along with your availability.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83657801