Senior Highway Engineer
· To instruct, supervise and mentor junior staff in the design and management of highways schemes.
· To work independently and dedicatedly on technical aspects of highways works. Overseeing the technical input on significant projects, and responsibility for ensuring all technical aspects of project work are undertaken in accordance with the company's management system procedures.
· Technical checking and design reviews.
· Responsibility for ensuring all projects are completed in a timely and cost effective way and develop key learning points and communicate across the group and wider business.
· Likely to be leading small design teams, of junior engineers and technicians, and have responsibility for their work, for overall cost/quality of the design, and for delivery to programme. Ability in leading small to medium scale design teams is essential.
· You should demonstrate a consistent record in delivering technically complex major highway schemes and have an excellent knowledge and experience of applying relevant highway design codes (eg DMRB). Excellent knowledge in the application of 3D highway design software packages (e.g. InRoads, MX) is needed.
· Experience of liaising with multi-disciplinary teams, and a broad knowledge of environmental 'issues' for highway schemes would be expected. Substantial experience in consultation, negotiations and meetings with third party authorities.
· Ability in construction contract and specification preparation.
· Maintaining thorough understanding of relevant standards and regulations.
· Management and procedures for aspects of design solutions not covered by standards or Departures from Standards.
· Input to business development activity to enhance and grow capability. Preparation of high quality technical responses to pre-qualification responses, proposals and tenders.
· Actively participate in continuous improvement and skills development
Requirements and Skills
Experience in the UK and/or an overseas highways industry is needed. Key requirements include:
· Chartered Civil Engineer (CEng) with extensive post-qualification experience.
· An excellent working knowledge of international highways standards; specifically DMRB.
· An experienced highways engineer having both design and management experience with good understanding of the design process, including delivery of design under Design and Build projects.
· Planning and leading the technical delivery of projects, including adequacy of design compliance with standards and legislation, resource time, cost and quality.
· Have strong technical skills to ensure successful project delivery. Specific technical skill specialism would be viewed as an advantage, and a willingness to become a skills-champion would be expected.
· Ability to transfer knowledge and skills toward the development of staff.
· Capable of working within a design team, both locally, nationally and internationally, and potentially mentoring/supporting more junior colleagues in technical engineering design excellence.
· Confident with good communications skills
· Good report writing skills
· Ability to liaise with external parties, as primary contact would include clients (at a technical level), contractors, and government agencies.
For more information, click APPLY NOW or call Evan Brookes on 02393 876025.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Infrastructure & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 70+ years' experience in this market. Please call Evan Brookes at Carrington West on 02393 876025 for more information. CWHTT
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83653968