Highway/Utility Engineer urgently required to work on the HS2 on an initial 6-month contract basis.
Requirements and skills
- Chartered Civil Engineer (CEng) or Incorporated Engineer (IEng) with typically over 5 years post-qualification experience.
- Experience leading design teams undertaking design 'packages' (as part of a major highway scheme), or small to medium size projects. The ability to lead small to medium scale design teams is essential.
- An excellent working knowledge and experience of applying relevant highway design codes (e.g. DMRB).
- Knowledge in the application of 3D highway design software packages (e.g. InRoads, MX)
- Confident with good communication skills.
- Ability to liaise with external parties, as primary contact would include clients (at a technical level), contractors, and government agencies.
- You should have demonstrable evidence of working in a similar role
Undertaking engineering design and coordination of utility company design with engineering and environment design. Checking design drawings and other deliverables. Coordinating comments on engineering deliverables and answering questions on utility design. Interface with client organisation.
- Working independently and proactively on technical aspects involving the coordination of utility design with the HS2 project.
- Lead small design teams of junior engineers and technicians, and have responsibility for their work, for overall cost/quality of the design, and ensuring work is delivered to programme.
- Demonstrate design experience in one or more areas of technical capability such as alignment, junction design, drainage, pavement, signs and road markings.
- Liaise with multi-disciplinary teams, and a broad knowledge of environmental 'issues' for highway or railway schemes.
- Take responsibility for the quality of your work, undertake checks and contribute to project technical reviews.
For more information, click APPLY NOW or call Evan Brookes on 02393 876025.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Infrastructure & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 70+ years' experience in this market. Please call Evan Brookes at Carrington West on 02393 876025 for more information. CWHTT
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83658184