Procurement Manager - Manufacturing
Procurement Manager (Manufacturing) - Coventry - up to £45,000pa
Our client has been a firm fixture in its field for nearly 50 years. This Family run firm prides itself on their family values. Highly respected and forward thinking, it is now looking to bring on board a credible Procurement Manager. Experience of performing in such a capacity will be expected to be evident. This is a role for an individual who sees the importance of strong stakeholder engagement, clear and precise processes and a true sense of offering a 1st class service through the Procurement & Supply Chain.
Essential Skills & Experience:
Excellent communication skills, high-level of personal organisation and attention to detail are all essential.
You will have an ongoing responsibility to ensure costs meet expectations while ensuring supply and quality are maintained.
Maintain and further develop their manufacturing base.
You must be a dynamic team player with prior experience of procurement in a manufacturing environment.
Utilise and where necessary develop robust contract management and Supplier Relationship Management.
Accessing contractual compliance of both parties, establishing appropriate and effective key performance indicators, managing any disputes and identifying continuous improvement opportunities.
- High level of personal drive and commitment - self-starter who is driven to achieve results
- Resilient and tenacious but able to engage with stakeholder at a variety of levels within the business and to take a team with them
- Strong communication both verbal and written
- Highly numerate - able to critically analyse information and identify areas of risk
- Ability to identify risk.
- Ability to organise and plan effectively in a demanding environment including identifying, allocating and monitoring resources in order to achieve goals - well structured
- Able to cope well under pressure from competing priorities, unpredictable requests and interruptions
- Good understanding of key stakeholder requirements and an astute general commercial awareness
- Ability to convey complex solutions simply and effectively
- An eye for detail - constantly looking at how to improve processes and performance
For more information on this role, please contact Ellie Welsh or Stuart Walters on 0161 233 0034. If this role isn't for you, but you know someone who could be interested, we offer a referal reward for any successful placement.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83660693