Children's Residential Support Workers
Children's Residential Support Worker
Salary: circa £15,800 to £18,700 per annum
Children with Learning Disabilities
Exceptional Benefits Making a Real difference to the Lives of Young people
Everyday is different and a Challenge
I am currently working with one of our clients, one of the UK's Leading specialist care providers for Children with Learning disabilities and Autistic Spectrum Conditions. A fantastic employer and one of the Uk's most innovative and forward thinking Residential, Educational and Supported Living Services across the country.
My client's site is a residential centre for approximately 26 children with learning difficulties and challenging behaviour in Malvern. The client provides social care practitioners and residential support workers for children, who have a severe learning disability, autism, communication difficulties, challenging behaviours, mental health and other complex needs.
They are looking for social care practitioners and residential support workers in Malvern who can demonstrate compassion, empathy and a person-centred approach to caring for the children in their care.
You will be providing personal care to the children as well as supporting them in a wide range of learning, development and social activities including arts and crafts, cookery, music, gardening, swimming, shopping trips and social occasions.
- Fully funded QCF Health & Social Care qualification opportunities
- Fantastic opportunities for progression to Senior, Team Leading and Care Management
- Competitive Salary Package
- Activities Barn
- Horticultural Farms for young people
- Free meals during shift
- Payments for mileage travelling to and from work
- Summer fun days, Disco's, Sports Days and more
- Opportunities to co-ordinate, organize and take part in exciting social activities
- Excellent training, with opportunities to even learn sign language
- Weekly staff recognition schemes
- Enhanced rates for overtime, and further enhancement for weekends
- Employee Assist Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Pension Scheme
- Trips to Theme Parks and Holidays with residents - locations have included Disneyland Paris, Alton Towers, West Midlands Safari Park, Weymouth and more!
This really is a fantastic opportunity to support children with learning difficulties in their own residential setting. Supporting them with their everyday lives and educational and social needs, enabling them to access the right care and opportunities for them to live as happy, fulfilling and independent lives as possible.
If you have a passion for caring for people and enjoy making a difference then this is the role for you. No care qualifications for this role are required as full training will be provided.
- To successfully complete the Care Certificate.
- To support the personalised development of each Resident.
- To respect the dignity and individuality of each Resident.
- To ensure a high standard of personal care for each Resident, including matters of physical wellbeing and personal hygiene.
- To be aware of the emotional needs and aspirations of each Resident.
- To undertake Keyworker responsibility for individual residents.
- To work on a rostered shift system inclusive of some evening and weekend work.
- To work within the residential environment providing developmental support to residents.
They are looking for social care practitioners and residential support workers to join their team on a full-time basis and there is no requirement to have a level 3 qualification. The salary ranges from £15,800 to £18,700 depending on experience, plus additional pay for any required Sleep In's and overtime.
The working pattern consists of a combination of early shifts from 7:30am - 3:30pm and late shifts from 3:00pm until 10:00pm with the occasional long day. The role may require an occasional 'Sleep-In' shift which will attract an additional £35 per sleep-in completed on top of the annual salary. Overtime is also available at enhanced rates. The rota is attractive, providing 3-4 days off at a time. Additionally a daily £3.00 travel allowance will be paid on top of salary if travel to and from site is over a 40-mile round trip.
This really is a beautiful setting and environment to work in and the client provides exceptional training and support including the care certificate, QCF 3 in Health and Social care while you work to build and progress your career into management.
My client is dedicated to equality of opportunity in all areas of work, education and care. They are committed to safeguarding those in their care, all employees are required to obtain an Enhanced DBS (formally CRB) and follow safeguarding policy and practice.
If this vacancy is of interest to you please forward an up to date copy of your CV via the APPLY button or where directed, if you wish to discuss in confidence please call Marianne on 07950 312520 or email: .
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83646462