Site Engineer - Airport
We are presently seeking to recruit a Site Engineer for a 6 month project in Birmingham, with future work in the area. Projects will rang from Roads & sewers to airports and rail.
Working on a variety of challenging Civil Engineering Projects your responsibilities will include:
- supervision of labour and subcontractors
- procurement and management of materials and plant
- measurement, setting out, leveling & surveying
- health & safety management
- quality assurance
- producing method statements and risk assessments
- checking of plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations
- correspondence, record keeping and reporting in accordance with Dyer & Butler and client procedures
- liaising with clients
You will be from a Civil Engineering background with a minimum of HNC in Civil Engineering or equivalent. You will most likely be working as a Site Engineer with a similar Contractor.
It is vital that you possess excellent communication and people management skills and have the drive and enthusiasm to manage a project through to completion, within budget and program. You need to possess practical, problem solving and engineering abilities and the ability to work in high pressure environments and within a team.
- Formal qualification in Civil Engineering
- Commitment to the highest practicable standards of Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental protection
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrable experience in the same or similar role within construction preferable
- Knowledge of the requirements of Safety/Environmental Legislation preferable
- MUST be willing & able to work nights
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83661185