Staffline are looking for a Resource Planner to join our team at their client's site in Hams Hall, Birmingham. You will ensure that all transport related administration is completed as per the requirements of the site.
The main responsibilities are to ensure the effective day-to-day planning of sub-contractors, core and agency workers to meet the customer's service requirements and achievement of KPI targets. You will be responsible for providing daily tactical changes and cost effective re-stringing to the strategic plan to ensure optimum operational schedules, resource and cost control. You responsibilities will also include identifying and highlighting potential cost savings within the operation. This is a demanding role and you will be working alongside our client within a busy transport office.
Main accountabilities are as follows:
- Ensure all core & agency drivers are resourced in line with the plan
- Ensure compliance with all other company polices and statutory obligations including O licences and employment law
- Ensure operation runs within Health and Safety guidelines
- Ensure all routes are resourced via core fleet/ drivers and subcontractors
- Consistently strive to improve the contract's performance and suggest ways of doing this
- Ensure set productivity and efficiency targets are achieved by the operation
- Deal with all Chep requirements and issues, up-dating the strat / traffic sheet with Chep orders
- Keep up to date with Road Legislation
- Ensure all KPI's are up-dated in line with timescales set out
- Daily changes to the strategic plan
- Planning Driver workforce to daily routes
- Identify Labour shortages and liaise with Transport operations to identify solutions
- Constant reviewing of operational schedules
- Constant review of processes with a view to improve, optimize vehicle usage and cost saving initiatives
- Continuous liaison with the Freight Planning, Transport Teams and third party suppliers
- Cross skilling to ensure that all shutdown planning is undertaken where required
- Cross skilling to ensure that all subcontractor costs are undertaken where required
- Resource utilisation and productivity Focus
- Data collection for KPI generation including subcontractor costs
- Management reporting and continuous improvement
- Resource and demand requirements
- Understanding and management of cost
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the following:
- Strong MS Office knowledge
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Admin skills including scanning, filing and accurate data inputting skills
- Confident telephone manner with a professional approach
- The ability to multi-task and manage conflicting priorities
- A good eye detail
- Must have previous Paragon experience
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role highly desirable
What we offer;
The salary will be circa £24,500 per annum - depending on experience. Position is available with immediate start.
INTERESTED? APPLY NOW by sending your C.V and contact details, quoting 'Resource Planner'.
We look forward to hearing from you.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83660012