A vacancy has arisen for a Transport Co-Ordinator working for one of our most prestigious clients based in Newcastle under Lyme, near Stoke-on-Trent.
You will be responsible to co-ordinate the capture, processing and despatch of emergency orders. This will include liaison with the Customer Service, Warehouse Operations and Transport Teams. Successful candidates will be responsible for arranging transport and ensuring that emergency orders are delivered to the customer within SLA time-frames. This is a temp to perm role and the right candidates will have the potential for career progression.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include:
- To ensure all emergency orders are delivered to customer locations within SLA timeframe
- Liaison with key stakeholders
- To update relevant systems with information relating to emergency orders, including ETA updates and reasons for any late deliveries
- Track vehicles to ensure deliveries are completed and that all resources are being fully utilised
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
- Sound knowledge of transport operations
- Good level of IT and Office applications (e.g. Word, Excel)
- Good level of high school education
- Basic level of literacy and numeracy
- Ability to work in a methodical manner
You will be required to work from 14:00 to 22:00 from Monday to Friday. Flexibility to work additional shifts, where necessary to meet the business needs is essential.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates from diverse communities and a variety of industry sectors.
The salary: £9.49 per hour
Interested? Click APPLY NOW with a C.V and a cover letter outlining your suitability to the role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83617666