Purchasing Assistant Required
Start Date: Immediate Start
Role Duration: Temporary to Permanent
Hours: Monday to Thursday - 08:30 - 17:00, Friday - 08:30 - 15:30
Pay Rate: £16,250 per annum, rising to £17,250 within the first year
Purchasing Assistant required full time for our client based in the Stourbridge area. Our client, a leading manufacturer of manual cleaning products is currently looking to recruit an experienced Purchasing Assistant. Their passion for innovation and drive to be the very best is showcased by their first class leading service and they have always had a reputation for being at the forefront of innovative design and products.
As Purchasing Assistant, you'll be reporting to the Purchasing Manager.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Stock Inventory reports.
- Responsible for replenishment and control of stock for UK and sister company in the USA
- Creating purchase orders, as well as signing them off and ensuring they are correct.
- Progress chasing orders to obtain accurate delivery dates.
- Ensure that PO's are sent to supplier along with a client order acknowledgement form.
- Chasing for written confirmation on all orders and verifying all confirmations received.
- Highlighting to the purchasing manager of any potential problems.
- Responsible for the up keep of all live or completed orders.
- Any lines/orders that need to be amended/completed must be done in order to keep reports live, always keeping them up to date.
- Filing and control of purchase orders live and historical.
- Dealing with any queries or problems with supplier on receipt of goods
- Responsible for the maintenance of the purchase price entered. Raising any relevant price increase/decrease forms. Making sure all information is correct along with the filing of documents.
- Ensuring all suppliers price lists are up to date and relate to the computer figure.
- Responsible for the control of all sundry orders. Upon receiving a requisition it must be completed with all information needed to place an order with the best price being obtained to keep costs down. All orders must be approved by Purchasing Manager / Supervisor
- General office and administration work.
- Manage and control supplier buying lists and develop strong relationships with key suppliers.
- To deal with day to day supplier & customer queries in a timely nature.
- Support operations teams
- Any other tasks as directed by your manager / supervisors
- Strong IT Skills, Strong use of Microsoft packages.( Mainly focused on Excel)
- Basic level Maths and English
- Organised, reliable, with a 'can do' attitude, and the ability to prioritise
- Forecasting / analytic skills
- Strong communication, liaise with various departments.
- Demonstrates high level of integrity, trust and professional ethics
- Previous experience in a busy purchasing role
- Diligent conscientious able to work in a team.
Please click apply and attach your CV to apply for this role.
I will only consider putting candidates forward who live within the Stourbridge area or drive and have a full driving license.
You can also contact Dave on 01922 723576 to discuss the role further.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83661130