Telephone Collections Officer
Bristow and Sutor is looking to recruit additional staff members into its growing team of Collections Officers. working as part of a dynamic, customer focussed team you will be providing an important service on behalf of our local authority clients.
Although you would be working in our offices in Redditch, our work is carried out for councils all over England and Wales. The role is varied and you will be providing services for people from a broad demographic. We currently work for over 140 local authorities and because of our high-quality service and reputation this number is growing all the time.
If you are bright, enthusiastic and hardworking and want a job with prospects in forward-thinking and expanding company, then this is role for you.
Previous experience of working within a high call environment would be an advantage, However, all successful candidates will benefit from two days classroom based induction training,which is followed by one-to-one training and mentoring in friendly and supportive environment.
The role is independent and varied and can be very rewarding as we expect to provide a friendly and helpful service, whereby you'll be assisting customers to resolve their debts and, where necessary, seek the correct advice (and guidance) in order to get their financial affairs back on track.
There is plenty of scope for ongoing career development and progression within our well established and highly regarded company.
- Friendly, personable and polite manner
- Computer literate (basic skills - data input, basic navigation, email handling)
- Good verbal and written skills
- Decision making skills (you will be empowered to make decisions based on customer circumstances and guidelines)
- Negotiation skills and persuasive personality with a willingness to help customers
Although full training will be given.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will be working in a modern, vibrant office environment and will:
• Negotiate payment arrangements in accordance with client and company guidelines
• Compile customer questionnaires
• Making decisions on a case-by-case basis depending on customer circumstances
• Process debit/credit card payments
• Deal with account queries and status updates/ reviewing accounts
• Working/liaising with third-party organisations to accommodate and assist with customer requirements
• Update computer records
• Handle webchat conversations and queries
• Respond to customer emails and SMS text queries
• Process and co-ordinate online appointments
Starting Salary: Our competitive pay package is £19,110 rising to £20,670
We are offering full-time positions, working 37 ½ hours per week with an hour’s lunch break.
Our telephone lines are open from 8am to 8pm on weekdays (except Fridays, when they are open from 8am to 6pm) and on Saturdays from 9am to 1pm. Therefore, you will be expected to work Monday to Friday on a 4-week rota, which will include one late night until 8pm or a Saturday on a rotational basis (required approximately 1 in every 4 weeks). However, there may be the potential for fixed shifts which can be discussed on a case by case basis.
Job share opportunities may exist in some circumstances.
• 28 days holiday per year (including Bank Holidays)
• Potential to earn additional holidays
• Opportunities for non-compulsory overtime
• Company contributed pension scheme
• Employment assistance package
• Retail discount scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Full training and career development opportunities
• Friendly, vibrant working environment
• Easy access from many local motorways and towns in a non-city centre location
Bristow & Sutor is an equal opportunities employer
Salary: £19,110.00 to £20,670.00 /year