SF Group are recruiting for a Transport Planner to join a leading Manufacturing company based in North Derbyshire on a 9 month fixed term contract. Our client is looking for an experienced transport professional who will be expected to plan, control and liaise with drivers to ensure all deliveries and collections are made on time.
As the Transport Planner you will be responsible for:
- Dealing directly with customer/driver issues
- Managing driver schedules, assisting them with directions/planning
- Client liaison - dealing with Ground Workers through to Directors
- Allocating jobs to drivers
- Fast paced, strong customer service skills required
The successful candidate should have;
- Experience in a similar role in the transport sector
- Experience of vehicle fleet management
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Experience of scheduling a large number of vehicles within a busy environment
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and understanding of the importance of H&S in the workplace
- Full valid UK Driving Licence
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
This is a permanent position paying up to £26,000 depending on experience. Morning/afternoon/night shifts available.
Please note - you must be immediately available or coming to the end of your current contract to be considered for this role.