Wall Heath area
£25,000 - £30,000 based on experience
Our client is currently looking for an experienced Draughtsman. The general duties of the Draughtsman will consist of the production of manufacture / working drawings typically comprising of floor and roof layouts, elevations, sections and any necessary details. This will also include the drafting of structural arrangement drawings and the creation of manufacture files for the production of Oak Frames.
You will also be responsible for the collation of design and specification information into factory files, whilst liaising with engineers, architects, clients, suppliers and other industry professionals.
The role would be ideally suited to someone from a similar position within the construction industry and offsite manufacture with construction/carpentry knowledge. Full training will be provided for all applicants due to our unique method of construction.
Key skills include;
- Be able to work well within a team.
- Be able to work across the board on small to larger scale projects.
- Good interpersonal skills & communication are essential.
- Competence in speaking and dealing directly with clients, engineers and architects.
- Confidence to oversee multiple projects.
- Team member attitude, willing and able to provide assistance when required.
- Ability to perform and produce drawings to definite timescale.
- Understanding of structural engineering principles.
- Good 2D and 3D CAD operator.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience within a relevant CAD position.
- AutoCAD / Sketch Up.
- Full Microsoft Suite - Word, Outlook, Excel, etc...
- Knowledge and understanding of Building Regulations is an advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding construction/carpentry.
Hours 8:30am - 5pm Mon - Fri
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83649079