Oracle /Golden Gate Database Administrator
We`re working with a global software company who are developing an innovative, industry-leading cloud-based software and services solution
The Database Administrator (DBA) will become part of a team responsible for the complete life cycle of Oracle database administration and maintenance. This includes but is not limited to: database and storage planning, database installation and implementation, maintenance coordination, configuration management and general day-to-day database administration.
Responsibilities will include;
- Working with the Database Administration team supporting the Production environment as well as the Development Team.
- Providing on-call support for any database operations/activity 24x7x365 as needed.
- Identification and resolution of software or database problems.
- Analyzing system errors or anomalies as well as specific database performance bottlenecks, recommend suitable fixes in order to ensure maximum uptime and service quality; identify trends that may eventually result in degradation of service quality.
- Creating and maintaining automation scripts to capture database security threats, unauthorized access, DDL and DML activity in production databases
- Coordinating with engineering and database architects in analyzing automated workload reports (AWR) from Enterprise Manager (Grid Control), tuning bad SQL to improve database response times.
- Working with other members in Tech-Ops, Release management and IT teams to push patches, new releases and database features through SDLC.
- Understanding business drivers and strategy, recognizing opportunities for technology innovation to support strategic initiatives.
- Routine database maintenance
- 5- 7 years of working experience in an environment supporting production Oracle databases on Windows and Linux operating systems (24x7x365)
- Experience with Golden Gate is essential
- Working experience with Oracle Streams, Change Data Capture and advanced replication technologies.
- Prior experience in managing remote stand by databases; database backup and recovery using RMAN.
- Experience in deploying custom configured applications into production including application server deployments and configurations (EAR, WAR, JAR) along with database schema updates/changes relative to version release.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments
- Self-reliant and motivated self-starter
- Project and task oriented with a focus on details
- Ability to work well within group or individually on project
- Experience with SaaS and Cloud Infrastructure