High Voltage Contract Engineer
This client is the industrial specialist brand of a much larger Blue-chip, multinational which focuses on connections performance, energy efficiency and energy transition.
Services include complete electrical project management working with prestigious businesses and full scale project management, design, manufacturing, installation and commissioning.
The role is instrumental within the business and drives the continued success of the sites they partner their client on.
The role is varied and covers a range of skills and duties that encompasses both commercial and engineering skills including complete cycle of project management/submitting of quotations/negotiating prices/costings/day to day management of the project/invoicing/final acceptance/client liaison.
The contract engineer will be expected to attend client sites and work closely with the customer to identify and influence further opportunities and projects within the site, then submit tender/bid applications.
Whilst managing a project the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- The successful delivery of the project from start through to completion.
- Management of internal workers as well as sub-contractors
- Provisions of technical support and advice.
- Responsible for all Health, Safety, Environment and Quality matters in addition to continuous improvements.
- Manage the procurement and purchases for the project.
- Ensure the quarterly account closing of the project and forecast estimates are carried out.
- Review supplier performance.
- Coach and motivate a project team.
- Develop key customer relationships.
- Ensure all services and installations are compliant and certified to the required standards.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of high voltage electrical contracting, electrical installation and working within the food industry.
- Proven experience as a Senior Authorised Person
- Proven switching experience
- A proven understanding of managing contracts.
- A professional with a positive attitude.
- Able to work to deadlines and unsociable hours.
- A strong commercial background.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills both written & oral
- Ability to maintain collaborative relationships across the business.
- Organizational skills including planning & time management.
- Project management experience
- Educated to HND/Degree level
- Friendly/approachable manner
- First line management experience
- Ability to influence others
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83427454