About Our Client
An exciting opportunity exists with my client, a major player in the professional services sector with a recognised national presence. They are looking to recruit credit controllers based in Walsall.
This Credit Control role supports the credit supervisor within the wider Group Credit Control Dept. You will be responsible for collecting cash for your region and to assist with support for cover absences/annual leave within the wider team structure as and when required.
- Telephoning clients for payment due from Open Accounts system on a 30 day terms basis.
- Updating Open Accounts database with debt status; follow up date; along with narrative of the conversation.
- A pro-active approach in contacting/chasing up office staff when for query resolution, ensuring that you fully comply with procedures at all times.
- With supervision and onsite training, being confident and proactive to ensure you are able to offer the correct payment plan for client’s current circumstances, e.g. Monthly Direct Debit/Finance Agreements, Debit/Credit Card payments by phone etc. and to confer with your immediate supervisor to negotiate payment plans for clients to a satisfactory outcome.
- To liaise and build relationships with internal and external colleagues in order to address client queries for a swift resolution and to ensure that queries, once resolved are paid in a timely manner.
- To be confident and able to chase debtors up to litigation stage and ensure that all slow paying clients are correctly tracked through the system to end stage of the collection process.
- To hold monthly debtor meetings with the Regional Credit Control Supervisor and office Partners, highlighting any issues that have arisen during the collection process that need addressing with a view to agreeing a structured way of chasing for any slow paying clients.
The Successful Applicant
- Previous experience of credit control is essential.
- Good communication skills and the ability to engage at all levels, both internally and externally
- A positive "can-do attitude" and a desire to continuously improve on cash collection results
- Ability to prioritise and adhere to tight deadlines whilst managing a portfolio of clients is essential along with attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Open Accounts and/or CCH desirable as well as Microsoft Office
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good decision-making abilities
- Planning and organisational skills