Our client is a leading manufacturing company with a rapidly expanding global client base. Due to their continued success Staffbase have been appointed to recruit for the position of Project Engineer.
The overall responsibility of the role is to project manage the design and build of bespoke rail/track vehicles from initial order through to final delivery, installation and commissioning.
Duties will include but is not limited to the following: -
- To assist in the coordination of all aspects of aspects of design, manufacturing, implementation, testing and commissioning required to deliver the scope of the project.
- Subject to experience, assisting with or creating and managing Project Documentation for example; timing plans, project logs, project initiation documents, outstanding issues lists, RFQs, Design reviews, product manuals, spares lists, bill of materials, costs to completion
- Production of drawing packages - Issuing and Controlling Drawings
- Project Filing
- Organise and priorities own work requirements to meet required deadlines
- Visit Key customers and suppliers if required (UK and further afield) to coordinate project deliverables.
- Support project related travel arrangements
- Liaise with suppliers regarding both technical and commercial matters, raise PO's as required, liaise with internal purchase department
- Management of BOM from Solidworks output to internal ERP system
- Support the sourcing of assemblies, components and services
- Ensure best practices are applied on projects and transferred to new projects
- Accountable for ensuring the product complies with contractual and legal requirements.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role, preferably with a passion for engineering, automotive and/or trains and have a willingness to learn and understand the business. You will need to be professional, articulate, self-motivated and can demonstrate good initiative, handle pressure and have a high attention to detail, keen to learn and to progress within an exciting and diverse engineering environment.
Other essentials for this role are:
- Good all round knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook as well as Solidworks
- Demonstrate accuracy, looking for ways to improve and promote quality
- Strong written and verbal communication, ability to write clearly and informatively
- Display original thinking and creativity
- Read and understand engineering drawings
- Have real world engineering experience with a passion about engineering and have demonstration practical personal experience with evidence e.g. restoring cars / tractors/ motorbikes
- Understand and be familiar with taking a concept through to design and manufacture
- Formal mechanical/electrical engineering qualification preferred
- Evidence of having led custom design projects
- Understanding Prince2 principles
- Solid Engineering background in whole vehicle/custom vehicle design and build
Hours of work:
Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm, (Friday 1pm finish)
Excellent basic salary + bonus
28 to 31 says annual leave