Learning Disabilities Support Worker
Newcross Healthcare are seeking experienced Learning Disabilities Support Workers to provide the highest quality of care and support to our service users in Church Stretton and the surrounding local areas.
With Newcross choose to work full or part time hours, to fit around you, minimum hours are guaranteed, providing you with a flexible income and the comfort of an excellent work-life balance.
Furthermore, we've launched a unique flexible pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', which allows healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our innovative app HealthForceGo®
What to expect in your role
As a Support Worker your responsibilities will include; assisting with person-centred day-to-day tasks, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living.
The ideal candidate will be compassionate, positive and ready for the occasional challenge.
The Shrewsbury Team
Newcross Healthcare Shrewsbury is located in Shrewsbury Business Park, near Percy Throwers Garden Centre and Shrewsbury Town Football Ground.
We cover areas such from Whitchurch, Telford, Ludlow, Newtown and all towns in between.
Did you know: The town is home to the 'longest running flower show in the world', the annual Shrewsbury Flower Show.
Skills & Training
Successful candidates will have the chance to improve their skills with a range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work. These include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
With Newcross you could also have the opportunity to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
Benefits of your role
- Salary of up to £12.23/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay- you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
What do you need
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a supporting role, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.Apply Now and tell us why you'd be perfect
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83944313