£40,000 - £45,000 + excellent benefits
Our client is a leading Financial Services business that have embarked in a £multi-million change programme that will revolutionise the way they serve their customers. The transformation will give them the right platform to remain competitive and give them the ability to quickly respond to regulatory changes in the future, as well as the evolving needs of their customers.
As part of this exciting journey, the Group Financial Accountant is looking to expand the team by recruiting a Financial Accountant that will be responsible for delivering Financial Accounting services for the Group, making sure that compliance with Group accounting policies and accounting standards is maintained.
The successful candidate will take a lead role in the month end process for the business and its subsidiaries; this will include the preparation and review of various journal postings and balance sheet reconciliations. You will also drive continuous improvement in the month end reporting processes and ensure any identified risks are escalated to senior managers and will be a key point of contact for other areas of finance who input into the month end process (Financial Planning, Treasury etc) and will liaise with these teams to ensure the month end results are reported accurately. This will also include focus on technical aspects of financial or fixed asset accounting and will also support projects as required.
The ideal candidate will have the following key qualities; -
- Ability to confidently express opinions and provide advice to colleagues
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong IT skills, including Excel
- Strong relationship management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong experience of IFRS accounting standards
- Ability to handle complex technical financial accounting issues and communicate them in
a simple way
You should have the following qualifications and experience; -
- Qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA) with strong post qualification experience (2 yrs+)
- Experience within financial operations / reporting / control or within accountancy practice
- Finance degree or other relevant qualifications advantageous
This is an exciting opportunity for a Financial Accountant that is on the ascent in their career looking to be part of a highly charged team delivering the future success of the business.
Please apply with your CV or contact for further information.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83984953