Assessment Internal Quality Assurer (Rail Engineering and Rail Infrast
Assessment Internal Quality Assurer (Rail Engineering and Rail Infrastructure)
£27,270 increasing to £28,397 on probation+ 25 Days Holiday + Pension + Expenses + Flexible Benefits
Team: Babcock Assessments
Babcock International Group is a FTSE 250 business, providing 600 services across six continents and is the UK’s leading engineering support services organisation.
Our End Point Assessment Organisation, Babcock Assessments exists to support the growth in the End Point Assessment (EPA) of Apprenticeship standards, delivery of high quality EPA, and working in partnership with major employers across sectors.
With ambitious growth plans, it’s not surprising that we’re looking for exceptional people to join our team.
We are now seeking to recruit a talented and motivated individual to join us as an Assessment Internal Quality Assurer (National) with occupational competence in:
- Rail Engineering Level 2
- Rail Infrastructure Operator Level 3
Reporting to the Assessment Quality Assurance Manager (and working closely with the Assessment Projects and Engineering Manager), this position offers the right person the opportunity to be an integral part of the Quality Assurance team supporting our EPA Independent End Point Assessors.
This key position involves ensuring all internal and external regulatory and assessment plan requirements are met by following the Babcock Assessments internal quality assurance procedures and monitoring the delivery of EPA activities under the Babcock Engineering Assessments brand.
They will ensure that all EPA undertaken is compliant through:
- Ensuring consistency of assessment decisions by Independent End Point Assessors (IEPA)
- Supporting the assessment teams in their delivery
- Undertaking standardisation activities with the assessment and quality assurance teams
- Ensuring that their own CPD is kept up to date and relevant, pertinent for the role and sectors in which they operate
Drawing on your previous experience of internally quality assuring Apprenticeship assessments and work within the rail and engineering arena’s, you will work closely with the Assessment Quality Assurance Manager and Assessment Projects & Engineering Manager to support improvements in the delivery of the Apprenticeship End Point Assessments and ensure that all staff deliver high standards of assessment, providing the best possible outcomes for our EPA learners and clients. You will also work with colleagues to maintain and improve our EPA quality systems.
- Fully support the IEPAs in order for them to fulfil their duties including guidance, mentoring and coaching where required
- Manage own self effectively to ensure the IQA sampling strategy and IEPA development/support plans are met
- Carry out IQA sampling activities in line with Babcock Assessments quality assurance requirements
- Support adherence and compliance to EQA requirements
- Monitor the quality assurance and risk rating of IEPA assessment activities and give clear, concise supportive feedback with SMART targets
- Develop and monitor quality assurance sampling rationales and action/development plans for IEPAs
- Carry out site visit with IEPAs to observe the full EPA activities on an on-going basis
- Observe Invigilators to ensure compliance with Invigilation policy and processes
Minimum requirements are:
- Comprehensive knowledge of and experience in quality assuring apprenticeship assessment practice in Rail and Engineering occupational sectors is vital
- Experience of leadership and Management skills through previous job roles (desirable)
- Minimum of three years relevant industry experience up to level 4 equivalent.
- A minimum of one year experience as a qualified Internal Verifier/Assessor
- Ability to demonstrate to date industry skills and knowledge to include relative legislation knowledge (as dictated by the Rail Engineering and Rail Infrastructure Assessment Plans)
- Ability to make sound, quality assurance judgements when sampling assessment decisions
- Ability to facilitate/present structured standardisation best practice activities
- IT literate in Word, Excel, MS Outlook and video conferencing software e.g. WebEx
- Functional Skills L2 Maths and English or equivalent
- Assessor qualification
- Internal Quality assurance qualification (highly desirable)
- Knowledge of the role of the Institute for Apprenticeships (IfA) and External Quality Assurance (EQA) Bodies
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to articulate feedback concisely
- A willingness to travel within their designated region and out of region when required to do so
- Demonstrate a high level of organisational skills and maintain confidentiality and professionalism
- Access to own car
Salary & Benefits
- A starting salary of £27,270 increasing to £28,397 on completion of probation
- 35 Hours per week (flexible working)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Flexible benefits options such as childcare vouchers
Offers of employment are normally subject to satisfactory references and any other required pre-employment checks. In certain circumstances, successful applicants will need to satisfy security clearance requirements.
Babcock is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please apply using the button below.
Please include a detailed CV with a full work history. Please also ensure you provide an explanation for any gaps in employment.
Due to the high level of response we normally receive, if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/84050464