JOB DESCRIPTION FOR: CHEF VACANCIES
JOB TITLE: CHEF VACANCIES
SALARY: COMPETITIVE (GBP5.00p/h apprentice/GBP18,500 Chef De Partie remove to publish)
HOURS: FULL TIME
THE COMPANY: Named as One of Trip Advisors Top Ten Castle's in the world, our client is a privately owned 17th Century Grade II listed wedding venue located in the Shropshire countryside, not far from the town of Shrewsbury. With a number of function rooms, the castle can accommodate wedding ceremonies in several of romantic locations, cater for a maximum of 110 for a formal wedding breakfast and 150 evening guests.
Not only a truly remarkable wedding venue, our client's impeccable services and facilities range from conferencing, to fine dining in the romantic cedar restaurant, and remarkable hotel rooms and suites. The hotel comprises 19 bedrooms and a 40 cover restaurant.
THE ROLE: Our client is looking for a number of candidates from Apprentice Chef through to Chef de Partie. You will be a reliable individual with a "can do" attitude, and will have a passion for cooking fresh food and a keenness to learn. You will thrive in this environment if you are able to work well under pressure.
Candidates applying for this role should have either previous experience working in high quality, fresh food kitchens, or an enthusiasm to learn.
You will work 5 days from 7, be available evenings and weekends, and must have a flexible approach to work.
Are you/Do you have:
- Previous experience in a similar environment
- NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Professional Cookery (not applicable to Apprentice Chef)
- Must adhere to food hygiene standards
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work within a team
- Ambitious, self-motivated and driven
- Must be eligible to live and work in the UK
- Hold a full UK driving licence, and have continued and unlimited access to a vehicle
What we can offer:
- A competitive salary based on previous experience
- 28 Days holiday per year inclusive of bank holidays
- Meals on duty
- Uniform provided
- Training towards national recognised qualifications
- Opportunity for career progression
- Reduced leisure membership rates
- Live in accommodation available for the right candidate
Does this sound like you? To apply for the role please hit the "apply now" button and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.