Shuttering Carpenter/Joiner - Aston Somerville
We are PSR Solutions; a recruitment agency for those in the construction industry offering a bespoke and personal service. Operating from the heart of the Midlands, the centre of job opportunities working with the UK's leading contractors, we work closely with whomever we recruit and we pride ourselves in serving both our clients and candidates with equal effort. In short, our ethos is about working to ensure we create the best possible professional experience for everyone involved. At PSR, we care about creating relationships with our candidates that are founded on mutual respect, trust and absolute professionalism.
When PSR posts a job opportunity, it is guaranteed to be an experience that glows on any CV. Whether the job is short or long term, each experience can be viewed as a networking opportunity in which candidates can build relationships with leading figures in the construction industry and further their careers in the long term.
Looking for a skilled tradesman to start as soon as possible, our client, a renowned building contractor, is looking for a CSCS Shuttering Carpenter/Joiner complete with their own tool kit towork on one of their sites in an ongoing role in Birmingham. The work will be ongoing, and the chosen candidate should have a decent amount of experience as a handyman and in trades, as the work will require some specific skills. Some of the duties of this role will include elements of carpentry and tiling, so experience with replacing floor tiles or removing doors, for example, is essential for this role.
Our clients' and candidates' business and satisfaction with our services is our priority. When we agree to represent your interests and seek work on your behalf, reliability, punctuality and total effort are essential. At PSR, we strongly believe that our job roles, however large or small, short or long term, require the same level of dedication and responsibility. An ideal PSR applicant for a CSCS Labouring role must demonstrate a proven track record and recent construction site experience together with current references.
The rate of pay for this position is negotiable; we are willing to converse with our client once we have spoken to the candidate and have a good grasp of their experience. In terms of hours, the work will consist of hours nationally expected.
The ideal Shuttering Carpenter/Joiner will:
- Have a CSCS card and previous experience working on sites
- Have experience with carpentry
- Have a little bit of experience with tiling
- Be punctual, reliable and hard-working
A Shuttering Jointer/Carpenter:
- Fabricates, assembles, installs, or repairs wooden furnishings in ships or boats according to blueprints, using handtools, power tools, and measuring instruments: Lays out, cuts, assembles, and installs wooden parts, such as deckhouses, doors, sashes, paneling, battery cribs, and refrigerator doors, using woodworking handtools and power tools, scales, square, and calipers.
- Installs hardware and gaskets, using handtools.
- Lays linoleum on deck or ladder treads, using mastic, spreaders, and linoleum-cutting tools
- Installs fiberglass or cork insulation on sides of ship below waterline to prevent water condensation.
- Cuts, fits, and installs glass in skylights, cabins, and other parts of ship or boat.
- Molds, bends, and laminates wood to form parts of ship, using steam chambers, clamps, glue, and jigs.
- Fabricates, assembles, and installs desks, chairs, and cabinets, using woodworking machinery, such as jigsaws, planers, jointers, mortisers, and tenoners.
- Shapes irregular parts to fit and joins matched grain wood, such as oak, mahogany, and teak.
For more details, please contact our Trades Team on 0121 651 1651
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/84075765