Corporate Buying Assistant
Working closely with your Buying Director, you'll make sure that they have everything they need to negotiate the very best deals.
Our buying teams - if it's possible - have to move even quicker than the rest of the business. And they have to keep ahead of our customers too: second-guessing what they want and need before they do. You'll get involved in every aspect of the buying lifecycle, from putting together tender documents and crunching numbers, to preparing samples and reviewing market data. The proposals start with you.
We do things our own way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed. And to keep on top of that wave, our buying teams have to do something pretty special to keep our customers coming back for more.
We are recruiting Buying Assistants to join our rapidly growing team, based at our Head Office in Atherstone.
We have a variety of roles available across Food, Non-Food, Special Buys and Produce, details of which will be discussed at Assessment stages.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing full knowledge of products and suppliers
- Managing the efficient and accurate flow of communication, both internally and externally
- Actively managing your area of responsibility through driving innovation and change
- Managing all due diligence, advertising and related issues for all products from the point of order placement to bulletin issue
- Understanding complex POS/financial data and analysing this in Excel
- Experience in Buying is essential
- Passionate about attention to detail
- Exceptional organisation and time management
- Hard working and flexible
- Open and honest in communication
- Able to lead and manage suppliers