By knowing the market inside and out, you'll help to manage the buying vision and challenge us to achieve ever-greater things.
You'll make sure we deliver on our promise to customers by helping to secure exciting products at the best price. In fact, you'll set the bar high in retailing. Our buying teams - if it's possible - have to move even quicker than the rest of the business. And they have to keep ahead of our customers too: second-guessing what they want and need before they do. You're a skilled Buyer with a great supplier network with the ability to influence and manage others.
We are now looking to strengthen our growing Corporate Buying department by recruiting Managers to lead and develop our Produce team.
Reporting to a Produce Director, you will drive, support and provide strategy relating to fresh produce sales and planning.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist the Produce Director in innovating, managing and coordinating Produce lines
- Develop and propose exciting, relevant and evolving lines
- Follow market trends to refresh, maintain and increase customer interest and engagement
- Oversee business forecasts, plans, analysis and recommendations to enable the Produce teams to hit their targets, and to make further decisions based on key drivers
- Identify, assess and monitor additional information/data which could be used in decision making, planning and forecasting specials
- Prepare Produce discussions which develop the sales and profitability of the business, taking into account market information, quality and commercial considerations
- Provide assistance to the Produce Director on existing and future projects
- Utilise the knowledge and initiative of employees, following the principles of the Aldi Management System
- Manage a small team of people within the Produce department
- Minimum 2.1 grade degree qualification
- GCSEs in Maths (grade B minimum) and English
- Retail experience is essential
- Experience managing a team is essential
- Ideally you will be experienced in agriculture, farming or other Produce Buying areas
- Demonstrate effective leadership, motivation and people management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to plan ahead to meet deadlines, with a high level of personal organisation
- Strong communication skills
- Able to deliver concise, articulate, executive level written work
- Ability to prioritise multiple concurrent projects