We are recruiting for a childrens healthcare provider based in Bromyard, Hereford for a Support Worker to work within a residential care home assisting the children who have a range of emotional behavioural difficulties, detachment disorders and high levels challenging behaviour. Working shifts consisting of long days and sleep ins ona 2 on 4 off basis. Hourley rate depending on experience between £8.03- £9.14 per hour, plus £67.50 per sleep in. Contracted 42 hours per week
Working for a provider offering fantastic levels of progression, an exceptional training and induction programme for all new starters and full funding and access to QCF/ NVQ level 3
As part of your role as a Support Worker you will be required to:
- Providing a secure environment for the children to rehabilitate
- Act as a parental role model to the children who have had exposure to trauma, abuse and neglect during early years
- Supporting the children to develop both social skills and confidence
- Assist the children within homework
- To assist in the personal care of children and young people, developing self-help, social, life and independence skills as directed by their care plan
- To endeavor to develop a close, nurturing and therapeutic relationship with the children and act as their advocate in all aspects of care, both within and outside the care home
- Assisting with managing anxieties and challenging behaviours
- Administering medication
- Liaising with external health care professionals
- Being an ambassador for the organisation
Benefits for a Support Worker:
- Exceptional rates of pay
- Exceptional training and induction program for all new starters
- 28 days annual leave per year
- Company pension scheme
- To work for a company that promotes progression
Does this sound like you?
- Do you have a passion to work with children?
- Do you want to be a positive role model to child who has experienced a very difficult start to their lives?
- Are you flexible to work shifts?
- Do you have strong written and verbal communication skills?
- Are you a kind, compassionate and caring individual?
If this exciting Support Worker opportunity based in Bromyard, Hereford is of interest to yourself apply immediately or call Lisa Clyne now on, alternatively email your CV to
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/84133869