Pegasus Medical is a Medical Reporting Organisation providing high quality Medical Expert Reports to the Personal Injury Sector.
Based in the West Midlands, you will lead a small but busy team. Key aspects of the role include:
- Guaranteeing business continuity
- Ensuring effective financial management including credit control and achieving agreed KPIs
- Building on existing relationships and pursuing areas for future growth.
- Provides day to day operational management for Pegasus Medical
- Leads a team of employees, guaranteeing business continuity and all aspects of business governance
- Undertakes business analysis to optimise efficiency and profitability
- Enforces financial management systems including undertaking credit control
- Leads on all relationship management
- Identifies and pursues opportunities for business growth
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Operational and Financial Management
- Uses own initiative to make day to day business decisions, optimising the efficiency and smooth running of the business
- Ensures compliance with prevailing mandatory, legal and sector regulation including developing clinical oversight and governance systems
- Acts as the key point of contact for all business related issues, actioning and resolving queries and complaints
- Liaises with office services and supplier contracts to ensure value for money
- Undertakes regular staff meetings, discussing key financial and efficiency targets and encouraging employees to express their opinions and ideas.
- Guarantees compliance with Medical Reporting Organisation (MRO) external auditor expectations, responding to all directives and preparing for audit visits in a timely manner.
- Keeps complete records of daily revenue and cash flow management, enforcing credit control alongside the wider financial team
- Analyses business performance against agreed Key Performance Indicators, developing solutions where discrepancies exist
- Produces monthly performance and governance report and escalates issues to senior management in a timely manner
Team Leadership and Business Continuity
- Schedules employees, assigning tasks to each team member and ensuring successful completion by close of play each day
- Monitors capacity vs demand and escalates business continuity challenges with solutions to senior management in a timely manner
- Advertises and interviews potential new employees and determines if they are a good fit for the business
- Undertakes employee line management and performance reviews via a Personal Development Review framework
- Identifies and facilitate training for team members as required, to ensure the team are efficient and effective in their roles
- Manages all Human Resource related matters, seeking advice and additional guidance where appropriate
Relationship Management and Growth
- Develops and builds successful relationships with all referring agencies, planning proactive contact including face to face visits as needed
- Communicates clear expectation to Expert Witnesses and other professional associates, including expectations around sector standards and compliance with prevailing clinical and data regulation.
- Acts as the escalate for problematic or challenging cases, escalating matters to senior management as required
- Identifies and pursues opportunities for business growth including making contact with new referral sources, or identifying new incomes streams
- Responsible for the outward face of Pegasus Medical including creating and sharing content on the business website and social media platforms
Statutory & Company responsibilities
- Health & Safety. Familiarity and compliance with Health & Safety policies and to take all reasonable steps to ensure personal safety in the work place and that of colleagues and visitors.
- You have a duty of confidentiality that applies before and during your employment. You may not disclose or use for any other organisation or individuals benefit any confidential information that you have or acquire through your employment. This confidentiality clause covers such matters as knowledge of business, clients, business contacts and procedures; this clause also extends to our clients.
- Data Protection. Familiarity and compliance with the requirements of the company’s Data Protection policies and procedures.
- Promoting equality / valuing diversity. Familiarity and compliance with the principles and requirements of the Company’s equality and diversity policy as regards to our colleagues, associates and referring agencies.
Business or management qualification or evidence of relevant on the job experience
- Experience of being in an operational or financial management team lead role for a business with a similar profile
- Strong commercial acumen
- Accounting or budget management experience, including using financial management systems
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Socially adept with a natural ability to form rapid relationships
- Proven track record of growing successful business leads
- Experience of developing marketing campaigns across multiple platforms
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills including advanced Excel skills
Closing Date Friday 23rd November
Please note only successful applicants will be contacted