Finance Manager – Wolverhampton City Credit Union
Starting Salary: £28,000
Location: 73 Worcester Street, Wolverhampton
Reporting to : Chief Executive Officer.
Wolverhampton City Credit Union is a rapidly growing financial business that is regulated by The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and The Prudential Regulatory Authority (PRA); we are now looking for a motivated financial analyst to manage the finance and collections functions of the Credit Union, and to advise the CEO, Board and Finance Committee on financial management and collections issues. Deputise for the CEO as appropriate.
The Finance Manager will work with the Finance Committee, having responsibility for the financial management of the Credit Union, including treasury and budget management
Key aspects of the role are:
- To be responsible to the CEO and the Credit Committee for the management of the collections processes to reduce arrears and write offs.
- To ensure correct accounting practices are followed across the credit union.
- To ensure the accounts comply with the appropriate accounting standards (currently FRS 102), and with FCA, PRA and other Credit Union regulations and Company Law.
- To advise the Board on financial, accounting and treasury management policies.
- To ensures all financial processes are fully documented on an ongoing basis, to liaise with internal auditors to ensure they are followed, and to draw to the attention of the CEO and Board any issues of concern.
- To be responsible for financial and other key performance reports on a monthly basis for the management team, finance committee and Board.
- To assist with strategic and operational planning by modelling financial and member data over a five-year rolling period and modelling for grant applications.
- To draw up and monitor the annual budget in consultation with the CEO and Finance Committee.
- To be responsible for the preparation of all financial returns to the FCA, PRA, DWP, Grant givers and other funding organisations as required.
- To ensure all provisions and write-offs are correctly accounted for.
- To manage payment processing and authorisation for all members and staff.
- To be responsible for payments to staff, including pensions and other deductions.
- To ensure timely and accurate bank reconciliations and treasury management.
- To act responsibly as a member of the Credit Union Management Team and to work with colleagues on systems development, leading on accounting and financial and arrears reporting implications.
- To attend Finance Committee, Credit Committee and Board meetings as required.
The successful candidate will preferably be AAT or part CCAB qualified with at least three years accountancy experience and the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experience of working with external auditors.
- Experience of giving high level financial advice.
- Experience of operational improvements and/ or systems development
- Experience of working with public, banking, voluntary or the finance sector accounts. Knowledge IT / IS literate and able to use MS Excel and Word confidently.
- Ability to understand, develop and implement banking financial systems.
- An understanding of how the collections process impacts on the financial sustainability of an organisation.
- An understanding of the new GDPR regulations and the impact on Financial Services
- Understanding of Credit Unions and voluntary sector grant accounting.
- Self- motivated and flexible approach
- Able to work as a member of a team.
- Commitment to driving up standards to meet targets and to improve customer service.
- Must be highly organised and able to work confidently and independently with members and with other departments
- Must be able to process information with a high level of detail and care; analyse member accounts, define what constitutes sensitive data
- Able to deal with team members to train and support using the appropriate style
- Good communication skills at all levels, both verbal and written with all staff and members volunteers and directors, ensuring information and decision making is clear and transparent.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and a covering letter, including details of how you feel your knowledge, skills and experience meet the requirements of the role to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 14th December 2018
Interview date: Week commencing 17th December 2018