The Morgan Motor Company has a rare opportunity for an efficient and professional individual to join the Reception team at their Malvern factory. The ideal candidate will be the welcoming first point of contact for all callers and visitors to its busy Visitor Centre and factory. The Morgan factory welcomes 30,000 visitors each year with daily tours for the general public.
- Answering and transferring all incoming telephone calls.
- Taking and relaying messages via voicemail, e-mail etc.
- Connecting outgoing calls when required.
- Dealing with general telephone enquiries.
- Report telephone maintenance issues to IT Department if required.
- Maintain list of internal phone extensions and direct lines.
- Welcoming visitors/customers to factory & Visitor Centre.
- Dealing with cold callers/reps both on the phone and in person.
- Sort, frank and arrange collection of all outgoing mail.
- Welcoming visitors for factory tours and taking payments (for groups and individuals)
- Assisting with refreshments for visitors.
- Maintaining orderly appearance of reception area, re-stocking brochures etc.
- Assisting with set up and service of conference facilities as and when required.
- Hire car administration to include initial enquiries, bookings and payments.
- Welcome and processing of hire car customers on the day of hire.
- Welcome and processing of Morgan Driving Experience customers.
- Booking of Virgin Experience Factory Tours & Afternoon Teas.
- Cover for gift shop during peak times/holiday cover.
- Filing/photo copying.
- Sending out brochure packs.
- Travel/accommodation arrangements for visitors as required.
- Sales office assistance as and when required.
- Attendance at shows, events and factory open days (voluntary and as required)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Essential pre-job knowledge/skills/training/experience
- Previous "front of house" experience.
- Polite and professional manner.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook etc.
- Accurate keyboard skills.
- Internet awareness.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
Desirable pre-job knowledge/skills/training/experience
- Working knowledge of languages (French and/or German)
Terms & Benefits
- 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
- Salary approx. £16k gross pa
- Private medical insurance (BUPA)
- Company pension scheme
- 33 days holiday
- Some items of uniform provided