Process Plant Technician
An innovative agro-energy business, based near Stratford upon Avon, is seeking a Process Plant Technician, to join its team. You will be working in its new greenfield oilseed processing plant. This role will require working in an agricultural environment, with exposure to wheat, grain dust and other allergens.
This site will be one of the most energy efficient producers in the UK oilseed sector, producing sustainable, high-quality animal feed and food grade vegetable oil. It is a state-of-the-art plant, generating heat and power for the process from UK forestry residues and off-cuts, and as such contributes to a greener and more sustainable environment for the UK.
As a Plant Technician your duties will include:
- Ensuring the that operations are completed safely and within a range of set parameters to ensure fixed production targets are achieved in volume, quality and efficiency.
- Taking hourly samples and analysing the production systems.
- Recording and reporting of process data as required.
- Assisting the Maintenance Technicians in the event of system failure.
- General housekeeping and Cleaning of the working areas.
- Actively contributing to the Environmental, Health, Safety and Food Safety of the general site operations.
- Being directly responsible for the daily operation of the crushing and refining plant at the facility.
To be a successful Technician you will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous operational experience in a production and/or manufacturing environment, ideally with an understanding of Food Safety/HACCP systems.
- Process, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering education from City and Guilds, Higher National Certificate level and above or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 High School GCSEs or equivalent C- Grade, at least 1 in either Maths or Physics/Chemistry or equivalent.
- Knowledge and understanding of typical SCADA, Operator Interface control systems, and PLC based operations.
- Ability to perform in challenging production environment and sufficiently self-motivated to bring value to the business.
- Fully Permitted to work in the UK without restriction.
- Good English language skills and understanding as a minimum.
- Physically healthy and capable of working in a production site environment involving stairs, rung ladders and some high-level work areas.
- "Safe by Nature" and demonstrated low/free accident work history.
Working a Shift System on a 24/5 or 24/7 operation, envisaged to be 8 or 12-hour shift work and a 3 or 4 - Shift Team pattern.
In return, the Technician will receive a salary of £32,200 - £36,400 per annum plus overtime opportunities, a pension, medical insurance, critical illness cover, 25 days holiday and many more excellent benefits.
Please note: This role will require working in an agricultural environment, with exposure to wheat, grain dust and other allergens.