General Farm Worker
About Us -
H V R Smith & Co is a long-standing family run mixed farm based in North Herefordshire. We are a forward looking, modern farm specialising in beef, potatoes and cereals. Our current cropping is made up of 500 acres potatoes, 600 acres cereals and 400 head of cattle. These enterprises require commitment at peak periods of the year
About the role -
We are looking for a general farm worker to join our team. You'll be required to assist with the day to day running of our farm.
The right person for the role will be enthusiastic, have the ability to work to a high standard, take pride in their work and be happy to work within a team . They will be comfortable working with modern machinery and with livestock.
Your key responsibilities will include:
* General care of cattle - feeding, assisting with calving.
* Planting and harvesting of potatoes and crops.
* Assisting within the workshop.
* General up keep of the farm.
Skills and Qualifications:
* Fork lift truck and telehandler licence would be preferred.
* PA1 & PA2 would be advantageous.
* Previous workshop experience would be a benefit however not essential.
* Must hold a UK driving licence.
* Experience working with cattle would be preferred however as long as applicants are confident and comfortable working with animals.
In return, we will offer you
* Competitive salary.
* Work place pension.
* Continuous training.
Interested? Don't hesitate! Click "apply" now!