THE COMPANY: We are a progressive fourteen vet and seven support team farm practice committed to Shropshire livestock owners. We endeavour to provide an excellent standard of veterinary care with a friendly professional approach and cost effective prices. We do not work with pets and there is no animal handling.
LOCATION: Shrewsbury, Shropshire
JOB TITLE: Veterinary Receptionist
SALARY & BENEFITS: Salary structure in place. Training opportunities available to the successful candidate.
WORKING HOURS (JOB VACANCY ONE): Part Time. Three weekdays per week 8.15am to 17.30pm. Plus there is one Saturday morning in four/five 8.45am-11.30am working from home. Some holiday/absence cover may be required. Attendance at shows and full team meetings out of normal working hours required.
WORKING HOURS (JOB VACANCY TWO): Part Time. Two weekdays per week 8.15am to 17.30pm and every Tuesday morning 8.15am to 13.00pm. Plus there is one Saturday morning in four/five 8.45am-11.30am working from home. Some holiday/absence cover may be required. Attendance at shows and full team meetings out of normal working hours required.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: To provide a friendly, caring and professional service to both our clients and colleagues. To meet client needs, efficiently and effectively organise the diary/vet’s daily visits, carry out core reception tasks to meet the business needs. To provide miscellaneous support and undertake responsibilities for existing and new business projects. To prepare and attend shows/events as required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reception Duties – including, but not limited to:
- Answering telephone, prioritising and organising veterinary calls and diary, adjusting as necessary.
- Greeting clients.
- Inputting/abstracting data into/from the management system.
- Checking/processing e-mails, faxes, lab reports, prescription requests.
- Office administration including filing, recording and despatching outgoing mail, monitoring stationary stocks, completion of general paperwork.
- Receiving clients' payments, posting and recording payments. Handling cheques and cash.
- Cleaning and preparation of surgical instruments, and use of Autoclave and cell count machine.
- Maintain an orderly and clean reception desk, office area, practice premises, ensuring bins are emptied, dishwasher is loaded/unloaded and recycling is adhered to.
- Timely handling, posting, and recording of laboratory samples.
- Ensuring that opening up and closing down routines for the practice are carried out at the start/end of each day.
- Accurately booking/checking chitties.
- Carrying out the invoice run.
- Arranging TB tests, completing forms and use of computer systems SAM and TOM.
Dispensary Duties (Only if pharmacy cover is required to meet changing business needs or in periods of staff absence) - including, but not limited to:
- Check the dispensary access book, update and replenish stock.
- Check/record fridge/room temperatures, use of log tag recording equipment.
- Take delivery/process the daily wholesale order, when it arrives.
- Place the daily order, with wholesaler, towards the end of the day.
- Accurately process/dispense medicine prescriptions at the earliest opportunity.
- Deal with transfer requests at the earliest opportunity.
- Replenish the dispensary with back stock, weekly full back stock checks.
- Print a minus report – check shelves – make a batch adjustment as necessary
- Full monthly stock check count and system clean up, as required.
- Lambing kit, market, controlled medicines monitoring and replenishing.
- Attend market, and banking of cheques, as required.
- Tuberculin monitoring/ordering.
- Broomhall/misc suppliers ordering and processing.
- Foc product checks/recording.
- Short dated stock checks/processing.
- Filing, price checks, queries, discrepancy checks.
Events, Shows and Meetings - including, but not limited to:
- To prepare for, and attend, events, shows and meetings.
Cleaning Rota - including, but not limited to:
- Cleaning of the practice premises as outlined in the support team cleaning rota.
Business Projects - including, but not limited to:
- To take primary responsibility or in the absence of fellow colleagues provide cover for ‘allocated’ existing and future identified business projects: for example, TotalVet, VetImpress, courses & meetings, shows, “Grunters Gobblers and Grazers”, clinical updates, Johnes/RE-MAP, routines, additional TB responsibilities, on call and additional lab responsibilities.
Reporting To: Line Manager
- The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, energetic, friendly, cheery, polite, and can work as part of a team, whilst retaining the ability to work independently. The successful candidate will be adaptable and have a confident ‘can do’ attitude whilst maintaining excellent levels of customer service, attention to detail and focus on finding positive solutions in pressurised situations. They will be willing to undertake training and any other relevant annual CPD as required and have the ability to commit to Shropshire Farm Vets FACE values.
- Ideally the candidate will have had some experience of the farming industry.
In the first instance please apply with cv to Tia Thomas at Shropshire Farm Vets, Unit 3 The Depot, Hanwood, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY5 8NY, or email: Click Apply