Group Manager (Highways & Environment)
Job Title: Group Manager (Highways & Environment)
Location: Walsall Borough
Salary: £57,865 - £64,030 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: Sunday 20th January 2019
The Council, which is committed to serving the people and communities of Walsall, are now seeking to recruit a Group Manager to join and lead their experienced team.
As Group Manager (Highways & Environment) you will lead a multi-disciplinary team of professional and operational staff, including engineers and inspectors, to meet pre-determined outcomes, priorities and expectations. You will have a key role in developing the highways and environment strategy to meet regional and local demands and will promote working efficiently, effectively and with a customer focus.
The role requires a broad skill set where strong communication and management skills are just as important as a competent technical highways and environment background. You will therefore bring with you proven relevant experience of managing at a senior level within a large and complex organisation as well as a relevant management qualification and professional membership to a relevant body.
- Manage the preparation and review of the Highways and Environment Service's budget within the Council's financial regulations
- Provide strategic implementation of government policies and legislation in relation to relevant Highways and Environment matters
- Manage the work of the service and advise the Head of Service on all relevant issues
- Monitor and manage the service functions performance to ensure fit for purpose service and achieving working smarter initiatives
- Working effectively with other Council services to provide a co-ordinated approach and delivery of service
- Responsible for signing and authorising notices and permits in relation to the functions
- Preparation of well-written, succinct and comprehensive CMT/Council and Cabinet reports including presenting the reports in person as required
- Be fully conversant with current legal, technical and strategic developments in relation to Highways and Environment issues
- To consider and present options for new ways of working to enhance efficiency and reduce costs
- To ensure the service delivers its statutory responsibilities whilst operating in potentially highly charged environments
- Working with internal and external partners ensures that service arrangements are designed and delivered to the maximum benefit of the Council
- Promoting and seeking opportunities for effective collaborative working and taking an active part within the West Midlands Combined Authority
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company's careers page.
Candidates with experience of: Environmental Consultant, Senior Consultant, Process Engineer, Strategy Manager, Strategy Advisor, Strategy Coordinator, Procurement Manager, Procurement Advisor, Procurement Coordinator, Financial Planner, Finance Manager, Policy Manager, Policy Advisor, Policy Officer, Environmental Auditing, SHEQ Manager, Environment Officer, Senior Manager, Senior Environmental Manger, Risk Management, Safety Engineer, Quality Assurance Coordinator, Quality Advisor, SHEQ Officer, SHEQ Advisor, Quality Officer, Environmental Coordinator, Environment Advisor, Environmental Engineer, Environmental Compliance, ISO management Systems, Civil Engineer may also be considered for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/84743370