Market Drayton Swimming and Fitness Centre, Market Drayton, Shropshire, TF9 1JT
£6.65-£8.82per hour + Excellent Benefits
Full Time – 37 Hours per week, 5 days out of 7
Are you a NPLQ qualified lifeguard with previous experience looking for a full time position?
At Market Drayton Swimming and Fitness Centre we are looking to recruit for two NPLQ qualified senior lifeguards to work on a full time basis. The role will require you work 39 hours per week on a rolling rota. The shifts that you could be working include earlies, evenings and weekends.
Market Drayton Swimming and Fitness Centre is part of the Shropshire Community Leisure Trust, the centre boasts a 25m pool where we hold various different services. It is the perfect place for children and adults to learn to swim. We've also got Aqua Fit classes for a gentle way to tone and stay fit.
In the role you will work within the centre ensuring customer safety and high standards of service and customer care at all times. To manage the facility in the absence of the Duty Manager ensuring all activities are delivered to a high standard with safety as the first priority. The role will involve supervision of specific activities, maintaining high standards of cleanliness and the safe handling and set up of equipment.
- Provide supervision of swimming pools to ensure customer safety by preventing accidents and incidents and taking appropriate action in those events
- Ensure equipment is set up in order to meet the needs of the programmed activities
- Provide supervision of dry-side activities to ensure customer safety
- Undertake cleaning tasks and monitor standards of cleanliness
- Monitor customer use within the centre and ensure unsafe practices are dealt with or reported
- A current National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (Royal Life Saving Society) (Essential)
- A First Aid at Work Certificate and/or a Pool Plant Operators Certificate (Desirable)
- Experience of working within a similar service led or leisure operations
- Excellent customer care and communication skills
- A good awareness of Health & Safety policies and procedures
On top of you’re salary you will also have access to fantastic benefits available at Serco:
- 20 Days Annual Leave
- Free Gym Membership and use of the facilities
- Staff Meal Discounts
- Paid Overtime Opportunities
- Pension Scheme
- Family Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Discount & Money off vouchers for various goods and services
- Work & Life Support Service
If you would be interested in this role please do apply with a copy of your CV. If you would like more information please do call the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. The trust is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 (select option 1) as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/84739170